🍌Adine🍌

Monthly Rule Reading

So I use scrap a lot, but don't get into the community as much. When I started a raffle I suggested a tip because I started a scrap to unusual, but that breaks a rule and I forgot.

It has been a long while since I've read the rules and most of the time once I finish reading the rules I feel like, "Okay, now I know the rules, I don't need to read them anymore." Honestly, you wouldn't expect someone to read the rules again after reading them. It's like a Summer Reading Project, you wouldn't read the book over and over again just so you could remember it (unless you decide on placing sticky notes.)

So I decided to request a change in services, every month you have to read the rules in order to continue services.

I can already feel people saying, "This is a good idea, but it takes too long." The fact is it should only take 2 minutes out of your life to make sure you're following the rules. An admin also maybe saying, "When ever we change the rules, you are required to read them." I just wanna ask you admins, how long has it been since the last rule change? Like about 3 months?

There should also be a thing where you change where you have to click in order to say you ACTUALLY read the rules.

Yes, I know I should've read the rules often, but honestly, I don't think even one the admins go on daily and say, "Alright, it's time to read the rules..." Heck, I'd go as far as to say Obama doesn't read the law everyday, though he may have to check every month just to be safe.

So if this suggestion is stupid, then fine. It's just my suggestion so people wont slip up when they go on.

The site automatically shows you when there is a major change in rules or a modification is made and I feel that a review in the rules every month would annoy most of the site's user base.

How about making it so that you have to read it 3 or something times with at least 1 month or something time in between, and after those times only when the rules are changed? So that if you're on scrap.tf every day, it would take you 3 months to get "verified". But if you only use scrap.tf every second month it would instead take you around 6 months. Therefore, if you haven't visited scrap.tf in a month and you're not verified, you will have to read the rules again. Additionally, you guys could change the rulereading badge to a being verified badge. If that made sense.

8 hours ago, Burnt_Soup said:

The site automatically shows you when there is a major change in rules or a modification is made and I feel that a review in the rules every month would annoy most of the site's user base.

Every month isn't too bad. Unless if something important is going on...

I don't think this is really necessary. Most of the rules are common sense and can easily be remembered after reading them carefully. If you happen to break a rule once like asking for tips, it's not that big of a deal anyway.

Overall, being required to reread the rules every month is more annoying than any instances of a rule being broken because someone forgot.