This site is a direct ripoff of Scrap.tf.

2 minutes ago, decontamin4t0R | stn.tf said:

as long as he isnt directly copy-and-pasting the design there is no copyright voided.

That's not how copyright law works. You couldn't take Facebook's design, change the font, colour scheme and a logo here or there and publish it as your own creation -- Facebook's lawyers would have a field day.

2 minutes ago, spyfly | stn.tf said:

Agreed, at that point I might looked at it, but coded my own.

This also does not matter. If someone recreated Facebook's design using entirely their own code it would still be copyright infringement. My point is that to most regular people the site is just going to look like a fly-by-night operation if it bears this striking resemblance to Scrap.TF

4 minutes ago, Simple[⇄] | stn.tf said:

In my Opinion, No, our way of working is waayyy different than scrap.tf. Spyfly did coded everything on his own, and I'm proud of working along with this community. I totally agree that creating website war will lead to nothing but rotten tomatoes, we just want to keep growing and improve trading community in general, and of course a little competition won't be that harmfull. Competition to make traders a lot more happy is the whole meaning isn't it?

STN Price Moderator,

Simple

It's not about competition, or how the service works, or any of that. The issue isn't that the site exists, it's that the site is using an already established design belonging to one of its competitors.

2 minutes ago, decontamin4t0R | stn.tf said:

Of course you can entirely copy a design without using the source code - No Copyright infringement

Everybody could then say yay, I've made this design even before you and youve got a problem

Agreed, its like telling me the position of the Google Search bar is copyrighted, but DuckDuckGo has it in the same Spot.

• Geel locked this topic