Jump to content

This site is a direct ripoff of Scrap.tf.


8hu

Recommended Posts

Site seems pretty similar yeah.

Though trading CS:GO skins for refined metal and vice versa is interesting part

EDIT:

Huh it seems that they have slightly lowered prices on skins when you sell/buy for/with ref

y1vavp.png

That's actually aprox. 0.70$ in ref if we assume one ref is 0.11$, meaning you save about 0.11$ (1 ref) buying it

another edit:

So i contacted them about this and found the answer why it works like that

va7f0i.png

Edited by JSS~<3
Link to post

Isn't ScrapTF format copyrighted? 

" Copyright 2016 ScrapTF, LLC "

 

 

I went and compared the websites starting pages side by side, and holy shit, this is completely stolen.

Edited by ★Shebby
Link to post
5 hours ago, ★Shebby said:

Isn't ScrapTF format copyrighted? 

" Copyright 2016 ScrapTF, LLC "

 

 

I went and compared the websites starting pages side by side, and holy shit, this is completely stolen.

I think maybe only the name is copyrighted. Anyways, the design is pretty similar but not a direct ripoff using every single style.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a design, changing and improving it and then using it. A rip-off would be just straight out copying it. A problem I see with scrap.tf is that they almost don't have any competition at all. so I think it's really good that someone tries to make something better.

 

Also, ideas aren't protected by copyright afaik. Sure, code is but I'm pretty sure stn.tf didn't copy scrap.tf's code.

 

"...legally, designers can be inspired by a website, combine it with their own idea and, purely via their own work, create a new web page."

Link to post
4 minutes ago, EagL said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a design, changing and improving it and then using it. A rip-off would be just straight out copying it. A problem I see with scrap.tf is that they almost don't have any competition at all. so I think it's really good that someone tries to make something better.

 

Also, ideas aren't protected by copyright afaik. Sure, code is but I'm pretty sure stn.tf didn't copy scrap.tf's code.

 

"...legally, designers can be inspired by a website, combine it with their own idea and, purely via their own work, create a new web page."

 

Exactly, I actually copied nothing from scrap.tfs code. Not even using FlatUI.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, EagL said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a design, changing and improving it and then using it. A rip-off would be just straight out copying it. A problem I see with scrap.tf is that they almost don't have any competition at all. so I think it's really good that someone tries to make something better.

 

Also, ideas aren't protected by copyright afaik. Sure, code is but I'm pretty sure stn.tf didn't copy scrap.tf's code.

 

"...legally, designers can be inspired by a website, combine it with their own idea and, purely via their own work, create a new web page."

Absolutely right.

Link to post

okay guys calm down.

This site bears some graphical similarities, yes, it have similar ideas, yes, but it have some things it does differently.

Is it ripoff territory already, taking inspiration or pure coincidence, iunno that's for you to decide yourself, just pls don't make any silly wars between sites, nobody will win and it'll just leave bitter taste in mouth as everybody throws rotten tomatoes at each other.

Edited by JSS~<3
Link to post
53 minutes ago, spyfly | stn.tf said:

There aren't that many simlarities at all. Alright, the Status thing might be simlar, but at all we kinda made our own design. Also I didn't stole design at any part, all coded on my own, I might oriented a bit. You might hate it or not, but there should be alternatives to scrap.tf.

 

Now I just need to add Scrapbanking ;).

 

37 minutes ago, FloKS stn.tf trade.tf said:

Scrap.tf keys bank dont work

scrap.tf do stupid discounts buying

scrap.tf got a lot of bugs

scrap.tf is a bullshit and on stn.tf i dont got any errors 

 

31 minutes ago, decontamin4t0R | stn.tf said:

w000t xD

scrap.tf has got such a biiiig gap between buying and selling this is....shit

I'd never sell things to scrap.tf

I dont think that stn.tf is a ripoff, bc. they've got their own images, design etc.

Actually, therer arent even many similiarietes, as scrap.tf is ´just the website, no need to send trade-offers. STN - Completely different.

Well we appreciate that you all felt the need to come here to defend the site, but the fact of the matter is that it bears a striking resemblance to Scrap.TF -- and that is obvious to anyone who is familiar with Scrap.TF's design. I would personally suggest giving the design a revamp to give it an air of legitimacy, else I believe it'll just be seen as another "Scrap.TF clone".

Link to post
32 minutes ago, EagL said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a design, changing and improving it and then using it. A rip-off would be just straight out copying it. A problem I see with scrap.tf is that they almost don't have any competition at all. so I think it's really good that someone tries to make something better.

 

Also, ideas aren't protected by copyright afaik. Sure, code is but I'm pretty sure stn.tf didn't copy scrap.tf's code.

 

"...legally, designers can be inspired by a website, combine it with their own idea and, purely via their own work, create a new web page."

Just as a side note, designs are copyrighted -- changing/improving them and using it is irrelevant as it still constitutes copyright infringement. You might be thinking of "fair use", which almost certainly wouldn't apply in this case as there's a commercial aspect involved.

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ben said:

 

 

Well we appreciate that you all felt the need to come here to defend the site, but the fact of the matter is that it bears a striking resemblance to Scrap.TF -- and that is obvious to anyone who is familiar with Scrap.TF's design. I would personally suggest giving the design a revamp to give it an air of legitimacy, else I believe it'll just be seen as another "Scrap.TF clone".

 

Agreed, at that point I might looked at it, but coded my own.

Link to post

In my Opinion, No, our way of working is waayyy different than scrap.tf. Spyfly did coded everything on his own, and I'm proud of working along with this community. I totally agree that creating website war will lead to nothing but rotten tomatoes, we just want to keep growing and improve trading community in general, and of course a little competition won't be that harmfull. Competition to make traders a lot more happy is the whole meaning isn't it?

 

STN Price Moderator,

Simple

Link to post
  • Geel locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...