Why do people raffle unusuals on scrap.tf?

Krungus Bungus

There is no correct answer for this nor a wrong, this is mainly coming from someone who owns quite a few.

As for me, I could assume they might be leaving the game or the item it's self might be duded. With me saying

this, it's not always the case though as it could be just about anything. Already owning a item with the same

effect or just not wanting it and not wanting to go through the hassle of trying to sell it

19 hours ago, Ezekiel | ToTH said:

That always bugs me.

Why do people care if it's duped it's just a stupid hat.

For someone like me, it means a bit honestly. Mainly due to the fact it was cheated into the game and not found inside a crate. It's just a personal thing really.

Most people want nothing to do with it because of that fact. I dislike all duped items, due to the fact it was cheated in and lowers it's value of the item. 

7 hours ago, Daddy Wholeheart said:

For someone like me, it means a bit honestly. Mainly due to the fact it was cheated into the game and not found inside a crate. It's just a personal thing really.

Most people want nothing to do with it because of that fact. I dislike all duped items, due to the fact it was cheated in and lowers it's value of the item. 

But it wasn't cheated in. It was put into the game by the devs because some dumbass thought it'd be funny to steal the unusual.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would have to say the answer is simple, though not decisive between many answers leading to the same outcome. It could be that someone is going through a rough patch and they want to make themselves feel high and mighty by making someones day, it could be that they have enough money as it is and want to make people feel the same enjoyment from what they can no longer feel joy of having, and there are many more answers. However, all of which lead to the same outcome and the same ending, just being a nice person!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There isn't really a right answer in the end. Different people raffle for different reasons. Some people just want to spread some <3. Others want to be known and remembered as that guy who raffled those unusuals. Others can't be bothered to sell it, etc etc. It is probably different every time. If I had an unusual I would raffle it, simply to spread love. I don't have a use for it, so why not gift it to someone.