The embodiment of madness

New badge suggestion and idea for the "Respected Raffler"

Greeting dear reader~

1-New badge suggestion :  Add a pizza badge as reward for any generous raffler that give over 100 item (not necessary in one raffle)

PS: it's not necessary  to be pizza badge . you can choose any shape you like to present that badge . i just suggest the idea .

The reason : it's good way to appreciate the spirit of generosity . At less its will show up this individual are kind person and to be honest there is not that  many badge you can get .

2- idea for the "Respected Raffler" badge :

Respected Raffler : This badge shows that this user is a respected raffler. It should be given when you become a well known raffler in the community.

To be honest there is too many raffler deserve it but they don't have it .

The current system don't reward all of them but i have idea to fix that  .

the suggestion : Add nomination system . you can nominate any raffler that read the rules . you can vote to the raffler by his profile or by his raffle . 

If he collect 20 vote  he/she will own the badge .

Circumstance that you need to get nominated .

A-to read the rules of the site .

B-to have one year in scrap.tf at least .

C-supervisor will see if you deserve it .

Thanks for reading 

-Voice of Mind- signing out

I like this. As of now the only people I can think of having a "respected raffler" badge are Jim (may he never be forgotten), probably Squib, Dima, and possibly a few others that were there at the beginning of raffles but don't do it anymore or not vert often anymore (like me)

The respected raffler badge was given to the top 5 rafflers at the time of its creation. As the top 5 changed, the badges went from one profile to another. Eventually they just stopped monitoring the top 5 and the badges have just stayed on certain users' profiles since. It would be nice for this to be updated, but it's only a profile badge and not really a necessity.

1 hour ago, Reaper ♡ said:

The respected raffler badge was given to the top 5 rafflers at the time of its creation. As the top 5 changed, the badges went from one profile to another. Eventually they just stopped monitoring the top 5 and the badges have just stayed on certain users' profiles since. It would be nice for this to be updated, but it's only a profile badge and not really a necessity.

[top 5 rafflers ]  this is the first time i know it's just for few . but it's will be nice to see more  than 5 people have it & i agree it's not necessity but having it will be cool . ^-^

the respected raffler badge used to be given to the top 5, now it's handed out by staff to avoid competition, and may not even be given anymore. It's been a long time since iv'e checked on it. (from what I remember)

Edited by dima

On 11/4/2016 at 0:35 AM, dima said:

the respected raffler badge used to be given to the top 5, now it's handed out by staff to avoid competition, and may not even be given anymore. It's been a long time since iv'e checked on it. (from what I remember)

i see . that mean there is no chance to any user to get it . unless staff give it . well . i give two suggestion  . is there  chance for " pizza badge " to get add it

I like the idea of generally more badges. Some more ideas:

[x amount] of tips given / recieved.

[x amount] of raffles created.

[x amount] of trades done.

[x amount] of puzzle raffles solved.

[x amount] donated. There should totally be badges for donor, donor+ and super donor.

Along with this, there could be a competition or simply just a community suggestions thread for designs of whichever badges that are decided to be used. I think badges are something that could be expanded on really well, and could even be reason for more people to raffle, or tip people, depending on whatever new badges exist. There are tons of things badges could exist for, and I'd love to collect them.

16 minutes ago, RedPhoenix said:

Getting tiers of puzzle solved with like, 100, 500, 1000, each with a unique name could be fun (like Brain Maniac). But hey I'm pretty biased because I solve a lot of them myself. -_-

That's just what I was thinking! Haha.

2 hours ago, _BillCipher | ScrapTF said:

[x amount] donated. There should totally be badges for donor, donor+ and super donor.

Along with this, there could be a competition or simply just a community suggestions thread for designs of whichever badges that are decided to be used. I think badges are something that could be expanded on really well, and could even be reason for more people to raffle, or tip people, depending on whatever new badges exist. There are tons of things badges could exist for, and I'd love to collect them.

1- [x amount] of tips given / recieved.

A-of tips given : (amount : 250) the badge shape : look likt the " Tipped Lid " hat .

B- recieved : (amount : 300) the badge shape : look likt the " Graybanns  " hat .

===

2- [x amount] of raffles created : +100 raffle created . the badge shape  " the raffle coupon "

===

3- [x amount] of trades done : +350 trades done .the badge shape  " Treasure Hat " hat

===

4- [x amount] of puzzle raffles solved.

A - " copper rank" of puzzle raffles solved : 20 raffles solved . the badge shape  " star with the logo of puzzle raffles inside it "

B - " silver rank " of puzzle raffles solved   : 50 raffles solved . the badge shape  "star with the logo of puzzle raffles inside it . with silver edges and helmet in the top middle"

C - " gold rank  " of puzzle raffles solved   : 100 raffles solved . the badge shape "star with the logo of puzzle raffles inside it . with gold edges and crown in the top middle"

===

5-[x amount] donated. There should totally be badges for donor, donor+ and super donor.

A - donor : the badge shape  " Duck Journal "

B - donor+ : the badge shape " Duck Journal with (plus sign : [+] ) in the middle"

C - super donor : the badge shape " Duck Journal with (SD) in the middle"

------------------------

if they think of adding them . i will be happy to pay for the artist that will make them . PS: i will pay by key

On 11/11/2016 at 4:32 AM, _BillCipher | ScrapTF said:

Just thought to bring this up again. I really like the suggestion, new badges would be the best.

Some more ideas -

- [x] posts made on the forums

- The revival of the dead badges (respected raffler as mentioned, the bug & suggestion badges, etc.)

- Badges for certain things in the TF2 server (I have ideas like enemies killed, but I'm not sure how easy that'd be to implement, a plugin for the server would be needed for things like that.)

- An easier one to implement would be [x] amount of times joined the server.

- Similar to above, [x] amounts of times joined the chat.

- [x] amount of auctions bid on, created.

- [x] months of priority/priority+ (may need to be disabled for donators, but maybe not).

- A community nominated badge, similar to Pony+. Every so often the community vote on a person they think deserve this badge. Also similar to Incinerate's respected raffler idea but more of an event than a button on someone's profile. Also less about raffles and more about friendships and community interaction.

- A pinned forum post to suggest badge ideas, maybe even having a badge for someone who's badge is accepted.

EDIT: Just realised I suggested this in the main post >_>

I'd be content with at least a no on suggestions for badges right now. But with all these ideas I would really like it considered.

Edited by _BillCipher | ScrapTF

On 11/11/2016 at 1:57 AM, ۩ THE_Incinerate ۩ said:

4- [x amount] of puzzle raffles solved.

A - " copper rank" of puzzle raffles solved : 20 raffles solved . the badge shape  " star with the logo of puzzle raffles inside it "

B - " silver rank " of puzzle raffles solved   : 50 raffles solved . the badge shape  "star with the logo of puzzle raffles inside it . with silver edges and helmet in the top middle"

C - " gold rank  " of puzzle raffles solved   : 100 raffles solved . the badge shape "star with the logo of puzzle raffles inside it . with gold edges and crown in the top middle"

I would say 100, 500, 1000, 5000 would make more sense, with 5000 being platinum.

Although I may just be saying that cause of how many I've done. :3c

34 minutes ago, Marvash Magalli said:

I agree, 20/50/100 it's not enough, while 100/500/1000/5000 seems pretty fair

There are not many puzzle raffles, so it should be 200/500/1000/2500. This has it so that it's not too big of a challenge to reach, since you'd have to enter every single one and never miss anything. It'd take way too long to get to, as well. However, it's enough of a challenge so that it's fun.

For public raffles, it should be 500/1000/5000/10000, since there can be a lot of them. Besides, I'm already at 10,870 public raffles entered, so it's very feasible to accomplish as a challenge. Some people have 12,000+!

Edited by Ezekiel

28 minutes ago, Ezekiel said:

For public raffles, it should be 500/1000/5000/10000, since there can be a lot of them. Besides, I'm already at 10,870 public raffles entered, so it's very feasible to accomplish as a challenge. Some people have 12,000+!

I'm on the site from 1 year, and I have entered 29,000+ public raffles, this guy https://scrap.tf/profile/11480 has been here for 4 years and he entered 128,000+... Since I was even away from the site for like 4 months, it seems like a normal person could reach 25,000+ public raffles entered in 1 year.... so I think 1000/5000/10000/25000 could be fair

Just now, Marvash Magalli said:

I'm on the site from 1 year, and I have entered 29,000+ public raffles, this guy https://scrap.tf/profile/11480 has been here for 4 years and he entered 128,000+... Since I was even away from the site for like 4 months, it seems like a normal person could reach 25,000+ public raffles entered in 1 year.... so I think 1000/5000/10000/25000 could be fair

Well I only join raffles that interest me. I guess it was stupid to use myself as a benchmark.

6 hours ago, Lukiday 🐱 said:

I personally wouldn't suggest the public raffles entered badge, as it encourages people to just enter as many raffles as possible, the puzzle raffle badge on the other hand encourages people to think and research certain subjects.

That's true, actually. Didn't consider it.

On 12/2/2016 at 10:01 PM, Lukiday 🐈 said:

I personally wouldn't suggest the public raffles entered badge, as it encourages people to just enter as many raffles as possible, the puzzle raffle badge on the other hand encourages people to think and research certain subjects.

Yeah I don't reckon entered public raffles badge necessary either. But I'd really like to see puzzle raffle badges :D