SuperTom

acknowledged Shown price is wrong

Hello there.

I'm not here to ask for a refund. I wasn't paying much attention and it's entirely my fault, but I felt like reporting the bug anyway.

Take a look :

TiQbPO4.png

ML1jBVC.png

1qNrM1N.jpg

(don't pay attention to the cancerous tabs)

Don't you see anything odd?

Indeed, the bot promised me I'd pay 4.55 when, in reality, it asked for 4.77

(sorry for the bad quality, I don't have WiFi on my computer)

I'm not one to complain (I already traded off the hat), but isn't that, like, abnormal?

Edited by Echoes

I am trying to sell a Hyena and Slim trading card, each of which is priced at 0.33 refined metal.

After selecting them and clicking trade, it shows that I have been added to the queue, and also shows two reclaimed metal on the left and my two trading cards on the right.

However, when I open the trade offer through the green "Go to trade offer" button, the bot is offering one reclaimed metal and two scrap metal for my two trading cards.

I tried waiting for it to cancel itself, and tried again, but the issue persisted.

I had a similar Issue. I sold an unusual for 19 keys and 3 refined after I then saw fallout 4 for 14 keys so i bought it straight away as I thought that it was a good deal... It turns out that the bot charged me for 18 keys. I realised that the bot had miss-charged me when I opened my TF2 inventory and I saw that I only had one key left. I do have steam users that can vouch for me that the game was advertised at 14 keys.

(sorry for the bad English, I'm not English.)

The bot is sending wrong amount in trades in site it says 9 refs but the but is sendind trade offer for 9.44  i cancled 4 trade in all trades bot sending wrong amount

Edited by dileep#SHIMADA BRO 1
Didnt include someth8ng

4 minutes ago, dileep#SHIMADA BRO 1 said:

The bot is sending wrong amount in trades in site it says 9 refs but the but is sendind trade offer for 9.44  i cancled 4 trade in all trades bot sending wrong amount

Could you provide some more information (like items being traded) and screenshots?

The trade preview seems to be what's wrong because you actually cannot afford everything with your hats, making the bot send you what you can actually afford.

Edited by 3xlneet #ScrapTF

On 7/11/2017 at 11:33 AM, 3xlneet #ScrapTF said:

The trade preview is wrong seems to be what's wrong because you actually cannot afford everything with your hats, making the bot send you what you can actually afford.

But craft hats are considered the same value as any other craft hats :crashyshocked:

And even if I couldn't afford the hats with my hats, shouldn't the bots be charging me metal?

Happen again, added 2 images to the album.

Edited by Yukino

5 hours ago, Yukino said:

And even if I couldn't afford the hats with my hats, shouldn't the bots be charging me metal?

They are charging you metal once you cannot afford any more hats and we are buying craft hats for 1 ref and selling them for 1.22.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:24 PM, 3xlneet #ScrapTF said:

They are charging you metal once you cannot afford any more hats and we are buying craft hats for 1 ref and selling them for 1.22.

I'm quite confuse right now, I'm gonna start from scratch.

Yes a hat to scrap.tf bot is worth 1 ref.

But we have the option to exchange our hat for another hat without to pay any extra metal. (This only apply to craft hats)

As you can see in the picture I have selected the same exact amount of hats for the bot's hats.

But when the trade offer was sent to me, 1 of the hat was a ref instead of one of the hat I have chosen

Am I missing something obvious here? I guess I'm dumb :/

Edited by Yukino

Just now, 3xlneet #ScrapTF said:

@AardPlease stop replying because it's being looked into.

I gave him the correct explanation as why is this happening to him.

There is no reason to delete my comment even if it is being looked into. It might help many others as well.

43 minutes ago, Aard said:

I gave him the correct explanation as why is this happening to him.

There is no reason to delete my comment even if it is being looked into. It might help many others as well.

Well, you were kinda wrong. Hats/Any Item Can't be Reserved.

So in the case 2 Users select a Hat, and press the Button at the same time, with one being slightly faster than the other, then only 1 User would get a Trade Offer, the other User would get a notification saying something along the lines "One or more items you selected has been reserved." So the other user would get No Trade Offer at all.

5 minutes ago, Gaia's Minion said:

Well, you were kinda wrong. Hats/Any Item Can't be Reserved.

So in the case 2 Users select a Hat, and press the Button at the same time, with one being slightly faster than the other, then only 1 User would get a Trade Offer, the other User would get a notification saying something along the lines "One or more items you selected has been reserved." So the other user would get No Trade Offer at all.

Yes, you are absolutely right. You are supposed to get that notification when somebody else reserves the item. Unfortunately, sometimes you don't get the notification (I guess when there is a really small time frame between the other user reserving the item and you pressing the button) and that's when this happens.

Also, items CAN and are reserved. By clicking the "Trade Now!" button you are reserving the items. The actualy trade offer is send after that.

30 minutes ago, Aard said:

Items CAN and are reserved. By clicking the "Trade Now!" button you are reserving the items. The actualy trade offer is send after that.

Technically it wouldn't be reserving them since you're not well, reserving them "for later", but immediately trading for them. 

39 minutes ago, Aard said:

Unfortunately, sometimes you don't get the notification (I guess when there is a really small time frame between the other user reserving the item and you pressing the button) and that's when this happens.

In the minimal chance that this happens, Both Users get a Trade Offer but only 1 of them can Accept/Confirm it, the other User only gets a Steam error (11) which means the Trade Offer is no longer valid, since the other user already accepted/confirmed the Trade Offer.

It still doesn't replace the "reserved" item for metal, so I'm just looking forward to what the Staff says after they're done looking into this issue.

After looking the trade logs for a while, we have determined that the items shown are either cached (there's some time difference between your trade and when someone actually got the item) or someone actually reserved it at the same time as you.

Also, I am aware that random craftable hats can be 1:1 with our bots, but hat selling was disabled at that moment (you still can pay with hats even if it's disabled) which made me go to the explanation that I did earlier that obviously overlooked some things and that's a thing that I have apologize for, since I let stress and the sort take over me and not handle this problem the best way possible.

16 hours ago, Gaia's Minion said:

It still doesn't replace the "reserved" item for metal, so I'm just looking forward to what the Staff says after they're done looking into this issue.

The bot should since, for example: the user is trying to give two hats for another two from the bots, but only one made it through the trade because of this whole thing. That makes the trade be two hats for one, which the bot notices and sees that it is really wrong, deciding to add metal in order to make the trade right/fair.