I got kicked from the Christmas event even though i gave a gift

1 minute ago, Psi_Bear said:

Still poor design. If this many people got kicked because they didn't know that you had to submit after depositing them.

It might not be the best design, but most of the kicked people just didn't pay enough attention to the instructions. When you click "Gift items" on the santa page it makes a clear seperation between the items that have been selected, and the ones in your site inventory, it's actually the same system the auctions use.

It's very unfortunate that so many people were booted from the event over one unmentioned step. I'm guessing majority of us assumed the items would go through as soon as they were traded to the site and then it would be handled from there. Like I said, getting removed from the event is fine as long as we're still able to take part in future ones as I feel we deserve it.

8 minutes ago, Lukiday 🐈 said:

It might not be the best design, but most of the kicked people just didn't pay enough attention to the instructions. When you click "Gift items" on the santa page it makes a clear seperation between the items that have been selected, and the ones in your site inventory, it's actually the same system the auctions use.

What it could have done though, was before just auto-kicking it sends a warning a day before the kick with a message "Don't forget to submit your gift." and that would have solved many problems.

25 minutes ago, Red Son said:

i did everything correctly and i still got kicked so is there anyway for me to get back in and fix what was wrong if anything

There's no way to rejoin, sorry.

If you're sure that you submitted your gift, you'll have to make a Help&Support thread where an admin will check the logs.

Edited by Lukiday 🐈
52 minutes ago, Red Son said:

i deposited my items then clicked the submit gift

19 minutes ago, Red Son said:

i did everything correctly and i still got kicked so is there anyway for me to get back in and fix what was wrong if anything

I have checked some logs and no, it does not look like you set them as a gift. The items that are in your site inventory are in different bots too.

Next time the best thing you can do admins is make some kind of tutorial video. I think i understood this instructions badly so its my fault. But doesnt metter now. Do we have any chance to contribute to this event ?? If not will we be able to contribute in other events ??

Edited by HabeRa
3 minutes ago, HabeRa said:

Next time the best thing you can do admins is make some kind of tutorial video. I got kicked as well so for me personaly its little bit fucked up system. But doesnt metter now. Do we have any chance to contribute to this event ?? If not will we be able to contribute in other events ??

Just now, AFRO said:

In the end the ultimate question is; is there any way we can still participate in FUTURE events so long as we provide enough evidence that we did intend / try to give a gift for this event? 

No, you cannot participate in future events (as geel said) and no, you cannot contribute to it or get unbanned (for now)/

2 minutes ago, ARoboCat said:

If I can't withdraw my Hat I confirmed gift ?

You should be able to withdraw your hat from the site inventory https://scrap.tf/inventory. It really should be appearing because it is not set as a gift or anything like that.

3 minutes ago, 3xlneet #ScrapTF said:

No, you cannot participate in future events (as geel said) and no, you cannot contribute to it or get unbanned (for now)/

You should be able to withdraw your hat from the site inventory https://scrap.tf/inventory. It really should be appearing because it is not set as a gift or anything like that.

Yep i have item that i wanted to give. So it means that i fucked up :C But i had good intensions. 

Edited by HabeRa
5 minutes ago, 3xlneet #ScrapTF said:

Welp, I guess this is the last time I decide to be generous and give a gift to a random person. Time to go back to being a world hating scrouge.

I hope admins that you will be good for christmas and unbann us :P As you can see most of us had a good intensions and send some screens that shows that we send items to deposit. We know that is our fault that we didnt click that freaking gift item button or something, but still we wanted to give this items.

50 minutes ago, ARoboCat said:

If i give present my recipient ? I knew him because I checked his profile !

You can still gift them the items you wanted to give them via steam, but he will also receive items from his new secret santa. This also unfortunately won't get you unbanned.

sorry for not answering any other questions, most likely because I'm not sure about them or that I don't have the authority to say/know something about it.

Edited by Lukiday 🐈
15 minutes ago, [W&W]aarmy.MagicGuard said:

As the title says, i got kicked too from the secret santa thing, and yes i gave a gift.So can someone explain me what the heck is happening?

The problem is you didn't summit your gift after you deposited them, a lot of people have been having the same problem. I understand that you didn't know this because the event tab doesn't say how to do that and/or that you have to do it. here's the instructions on how you summit your gifts.  https://scrap.tf/help/kb/193

Edited by [KI HP] Festive Jurassic