Worst Trading Experiences?

Mine would be when I was a freshly hatched noobie, just out of the wo- F2P nest, and finally became a P2P "bird". I had around $35, and thought dumbly that unusuals represented a player's skill level (and to a degree, I was right, but that only applies to veteran players who have played for so long, and/or earned the unusuals themselves), so I stupidly bought a slightly overpriced unusual from the Steam Market: an Australium Gold-painted Aces High Magistrate's Mullet, worth about 13-14 keys, for $32. I still have it to this day, and every time I pass through the item in my backpack, I cringe in despair for my horrible decision back then, and glad to see how much I've improved since then.

Well at least you learned from it, some people go by not knowing their mistake. I'd say mine was a while after becoming a P2P which I had traded for so I knew the general ropes of trading. I really wanted a game and got too impatient for a good price, and due to my interest I blinded myself I was being scammed. Not too severe, but severe enough for me to regret it. I enjoy the game either way, but I learned that patience when trading is a wonderful thing. Never rush into a trade. Back up and think about your decision and if it's worth it for sure.

This wasn't an actual bad trading experience, but just a bad experience with hats in general.

You see, I was an idiot and I just wanted to open as many crates as I could get my hands on. On my fifth crate, I got an Unusual Chill Chullo with Massed Flies. I then sold it to the community market and used almost all of the money for keys, saving only some for buying games with like I intended... that still relates with me today, sometimes, but I do a lot of trading and get to where I need to before I start wasting more money on things like raffles and stuff.