The Biggest Crutch Weapons in TF2

The most crutch-iest weapon for each class:

Scout: Cleaver/Sandman

Soldier: Black Box(+Concheror, but only sometimes)

Pyro: Degreaser+Flaregun/Reserve (If you're a Pyro main using BOTH a Degreaser AND one of these items (especially the Reserve), f**k. you.)

Demo: Loch n' Load

Heavy: ...Tomislav...? (There's no real crutch for Heavy due to the lack of arsenal at his disposal, so...)

Engi: Gunslinger/Frontier Justice

Medic: Blutsager

Sniper: Machina+Darwin Dumbass Shield

Spy: Dead Ringer

Some of these might be more considered as the most annoying weapon for each class, but consider this: How long would you last without a Medic shoved up your ass, or without these weapons (or for some, how many kills could you get without these weapons)? 

Edited by Starco

Nah, some of these I don't see as crutch. The Stickybomb Launcher is just a stock and does a decent job of countering enemies, but is sometimes no match for other weapons in the game. Instead, the Loch and Load (despite its seemingly bad features) can one shot one a spy or scout and is 10x easier to aim. The Sandvich isn't anywhere close to being a crutch, I'd say that the crutch here is more of the Tomislav compared to the other miniguns. It's way better. Finally, the dead ringer and blutsauger have been made much worse. I believe that this needs a bit of revision, but is a good list.

;) :emptyengie:

19 hours ago, EmptyEngineer | ScrapTF said:

Nah, some of these I don't see as crutch. The Stickybomb Launcher is just a stock and does a decent job of countering enemies, but is sometimes no match for other weapons in the game. Instead, the Loch and Load (despite its seemingly bad features) can one shot one a spy or scout and is 10x easier to aim. The Sandvich isn't anywhere close to being a crutch, I'd say that the crutch here is more of the Tomislav compared to the other miniguns. It's way better. Finally, the dead ringer and blutsauger have been made much worse. I believe that this needs a bit of revision, but is a good list.

;) :emptyengie:

Uhhh... the Loch 'n Load used to 1-shot light classes before "The Gun-mettle update" son. Damage spread was disabled somewhat near the launch of the update i think.

Damage-spread + the damage bonus it had allowed it to 1-hit-kill in most cases; It's pretty much different now. :derp:

• 4 months later...

If we're talking crutch items specifically...

Scout:  Crit-a-Cola, Sandman/Guillotine combo

Soldier:  Direct Hit

Pyro:  Reserve Shooter

Demoman:  Quickiebomb Launcher; Scotsman's Skullcutter

Heavy:  Pretty much nothing

Engineer:  Short Circuit

Medic:  Kritzkrieg (probably)

Sniper:  Darwin's Danger Shield; Razorback

Spy:  Spy-cicle

Edited by The Predecessor
On 5/30/2017 at 2:17 PM, Betimawesome_BLW.TF said:

The spy cicle is not a crutch. It takes skill to use.

The razorback is trash

The DH is trash. 

"Pyro man?" 

Spy-cicle is an attempt at countering Spy's weakness, which can be neglected if you learn timing and movement.  I say "attempt" because the Spy is the weakest class in the game.

Razorback is a complete counter to Spy for the Sniper, who is the strongest class in the game.  Allows you to completely ignore Spies, as they can only shoot you and your team can easily respond to that.

Direct Hit one-shots light classes, destroys Heavies and Pyros, ruins Engineer buildings, is impossible to dodge at close-to-mid range, and can completely stuff out other Soldiers.  Fast projectile speed essentially turns it into a hitscan weapon that is very easy to aim.  It's called "The Direct S**t" and "The Best Melee Weapon" for a reason.

Edited by The Predecessor

My list:

Scout: Meh, Pretty much none

Soldier: Concherer/black box

Pyro: Phlogistinator

Demo: Meh, pretty much none IMO

Heavy: Probably the tomislav tbh. 

Engineer: Uh..... Rescue ranger?

Medic: None

Sniper Machina, DDS

Spy Dead ringer, Diamondback,

• 1 month later...

Some of the stated weapons are crutches, but the others are just dumb. It's like saying protein pouder is a crutch because you're not getting it from real food. I'd include these weapons as crutches (might include previously stated weapons): For scout: Baby Face's Blaster, Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol, Crit-a-Cola, Mad Milk (As well as the promotional version of the weapon, the Mutated Milk) and the Candy Cane. For Soldier, it's: The Original, The Black Box, The Airstrike, The Concherer, Equalizer and the Half-Zatoichi. For Pyro it's: Backburner and The Dreaded Phlogistanitor, Scorch Shot and The Powerjack. For Demoman it's: Ali Baba's Wee Booties and The Bootlegger (if not used for demoknight). The Chargin' Targe, Splendid Screen and Tide Turner (if used for retreating). Scottsman's Scullcutter and The Persian's Persuader (If used for retreating). For Heavy it's: Natascha, The Huo-Long Heater, Dalokh's Bar (if used soully for the overheal). The Gloves of Running Urgently and The Fist's of Steel (If used for retreating). For Engineer it's: The Rescue Ranger, Short Circuit, Southern Hospitilaty and The Eureka Effect (If used for retreating). For Medic it's: The Crusader's Crossbow. The Blutsauger and The overdose (if used for retreating). The Vaccinator and The Amputator. For Sniper it's: The Bazaar Bargain (if stacked with a lot of heads), The Razorback, Darwin's Danger Shield, The Cozy Camper, The Tribalman's Shiv and the Shahansash. And finally, for Spy it's: L'Etranger, The Enforcer,  The Spycicle and The Cloak and Dagger.

I might have made some or a lot of mistakes. I might have gotten an entirely different view on this or i'm just really, really wrong. I don't know, but this is just my opinion. Please, if you can tell me the mistakes that i might and the parts were i'm right. Thank you.