SPELLS, SPELLS, AND MORE SPELLS

Mariott

If you'be played Tf2 for sometime, you would know a few Scream Fortress events back they added spells such as Spectrial Spectrum and the beloved Halloween fire for Flamethrower

Although I do own a couple items such as a Spectral Spectrum Bills hat, I wish they would bring them back, and even make a few new spells and effects for both weapons and cosmetics

If Valve gave the community, us, what spells would you like to see, or would you like to see added back into the game

I would like to see Halloween fire once more

Pic not related

1482053265603.png

I was talking to a friend a while ago about how fun/nice it'd be if they added spells to make certain weapons be "alive". I.e. a Spell for the HHH/Eyelander that it'd make it whisper whenever you get a head, or a spell that would make "animal" weapons such as the backburner or the huo-long heater growl when you aren't using them.

Also, another idea was for some new spells to give special attributes to Skins, they'd go from changing colors, their patterns glowing or getting darker (just like how paint spells work on hats/cosmetics) to blood splatters appearing on the weapon whenever you get a kill. I think that'd be cool.

Now, you should look at this from Valve's perspective: If they were to re-incorporate the spells, it would make the previous rare halloween-spell induced items like Pumpkin Bomb Grenade Launchers and Halloween Fire Flamethrowers significantly drop in value, if not for a short time. However, I'm definitely on board of the idea, as I've been dying to get a Pumpkin Bombs spell attached to my Strange Professional Killstreak Loose Cannon, and a few step spells for my Unusual Le Party Phantom. However, it's unlikely we'll see them again, unless Valve does it again to celebrate the 10th anniversary of TF2's release, that being Oct. 10th, 2007. 

All I care about for the 10th anniversary of TF2, is that Valve doesn't blow the amazing opportunity of:

1) FINALLY ADDING SOME NEW WEAPONS. Honestly, the last time a new weapon was added was almost 3 years ago. I know they said they're only making new weapons for Pyro since he won the Meet Your Match update debate (RIP :hoovy:), but they should at least consider being pitiful and still give Heavy at least a new secondary.

2) Finish the TF2 Comic, hopefully on the day of the 10th anniversary.

3) Release at least more than 3 updates this year (last years was... meh, as we didn't see much improvement besides Unusual effects and reskins, and new cosmetics), such as the Homebreak update, Mayan Update, Pyro update, and hopefully another Smissmas/ Halloween updates, and I'll be satisfied.

TL;DR: Valve needs to jump on this opportunity and make this year into the history books for best TF2 year yet, since it's a huge celebration for the longing existence of TF2's 10 year lifetime, and still going strong despite the recent competitors lately.

Edited by Starco

14 hours ago, Starco said:

Now, you should look at this from Valve's perspective: If they were to re-incorporate the spells, it would make the previous rare halloween-spell induced items like Pumpkin Bomb Grenade Launchers and Halloween Fire Flamethrowers significantly drop in value, if not for a short time. However, I'm definitely on board of the idea, as I've been dying to get a Pumpkin Bombs spell attached to my Strange Professional Killstreak Loose Cannon, and a few step spells for my Unusual Le Party Phantom. However, it's unlikely we'll see them again, unless Valve does it again to celebrate the 10th anniversary of TF2's release, that being Oct. 10th, 2007. 

Spells aren't tradable or giftable anymore so i dont think u can get it on ur party phantom

Perhaps they could create a cool hit scan weapon effect. Like a spell that causes the bullets from a mini gun or a scattergun to twirl in the air or other effects. (Cyclonic Bullets, Wavy Bullets, Sparkly Bullets, etc) But the hit scan would still be act as the straight hit scan bullets. they just do weird effects in the air together. (Bullet Effect: Cyclones, Bullet Effect: '72, Bullet Effect: Flow, Bullet Effect: Heartbeat)

Or maybe a halloween/full moon restricted unusual spell. (Spell:Halloween Magic)

Hmm, oh, oh, what about a spell on cosmetics that turns your character into the cursed voodoo version of yourself. That way you don't have the cursed voodoo soul taking up a cosmetic space.

Last Idea, a Spell where kill streaks start doing weird things to the weapon, (Changing color, unique unusual effect, any halloween spell before etc.) (Spell: Halloween Killstreaker)