The Inevitable Pyro Update

31Darkstar

2 hours ago, Pyrokip said:

I just want pyro to become better at ambushing and less gooderererer at w+m1.

Also fire needs to become good.

Any pyro update is an instant 10/10.

MAGIC

I think what Valve intends on doing for the Pyro update is not only give him new weapons, but also fix the bug that affects his flamethrower range, accuracy, and overall efficiency when the user has a very high ping. Low ping like 10-80 it'll act normal, 90-150 might have some issues when turning the flame around corners, thus messing up his skills in ambushing, and 160-300... you're gonna have a bad time. Sometimes the flame won't correspond to them, as the flame itself will either go pass them, or through them, not registering there's an enemy directly in range of your flame. Honestly, so long as the Pyro bugs are finally fixed, I'm good.

1 hour ago, Starco said:

I think what Valve intends on doing for the Pyro update is not only give him new weapons, but also fix the bug that affects his flamethrower range, accuracy, and overall efficiency when the user has a very high ping. Low ping like 10-80 it'll act normal, 90-150 might have some issues when turning the flame around corners, thus messing up his skills in ambushing, and 160-300... you're gonna have a bad time. Sometimes the flame won't correspond to them, as the flame itself will either go pass them, or through them, not registering there's an enemy directly in range of your flame. Honestly, so long as the Pyro bugs are finally fixed, I'm good.

That's what everyone who plays pyro wants. And uh everyone else too

30 minutes ago, ExplosiveWaffle said:

I just hope they buff the Manmelter and the Sharpened Volcano Fragment.

Maybe Reimagine the Axtinguisher. 

Give the pyro a primary weapon based on movement. (+25% Movement Speed, -30% Damage) or (+10 Movement Speed, -10% Afterburn Time, -5% Damage) or (+10% Movement Speed, -20% Damage)

Pretty sure ValVe wouldn't make it so you're able to stack movement speeds for Powerjack and a movement speed increased primary weapon, or at least not for Pyro at least. Maybe Heavy, as that's the main reason why people dislike using him: his speed. Sure, tanks are fun to use in games, most of the time literal tanks, but it kind of ruins the fun if your tank takes forever to get across the battlefield. I'm not saying he should move at Soldier pace, but at least give him a chance of catching up with the others. 

Anyways, I entirely agree they need to buff the sh:floofeon:t outta the Fragment, as well as the Manmelter and Axtinguisher, so it has -50% switching speed instead of the abysmal -75%. Or at least decrease the -33% to -15% instead.

6 hours ago, Starco said:

Anyways, I entirely agree they need to buff the sh:floofeon:t outta the Fragment, as well as the Manmelter and Axtinguisher, so it has -50% switching speed instead of the abysmal -75%. Or at least decrease the -33% to -15% instead.

What changes would you make the the Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the Manmelter? And what about the other underused weapons like the Detonator, the Back Scratcher, the Third Degree, and the Neon Annihilator?

1 hour ago, 31Darkstar said:

What changes would you make the the Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the Manmelter? And what about the other underused weapons like the Detonator, the Back Scratcher, the Third Degree, and the Neon Annihilator?

Easy, make the flames from the Sharpened Volcano Fragment deal mini-crit flames from the weapon. (Flames normally deal 3/sec, mini being 4-5), Manmelter have a 4- spread shot like the Beggar's Bazooka, but they will all be horizontal, and spread outward in a curve sort of angle, like: \ | / , but the flames will only deal 2/sec, Detonator remove the pointless self-damage %, and instead make it so you could extinguish others with the alt (IDK, the game makes logic non-existent if a man can survive a rocket jump with girly booties), and only have a 10% damage penalty, Back Scratcher change to crits, but only the first 2 shots in the barrel, the other 2 will deal mini, so you can't sweep an entire team with crit backs, unless you reload after the first 2. Third Degree should cancel both the medic and the person being healed if contacted with Third Degree for 4 seconds, but the user has an extra 10% explosive weakness, and the Neon Annihilator just make it so crits happen when opponent is doused with milk, water sources or jarate (if it already does that, then remove the no random crits, however add a "minicrits to soaked enemies".

Edited by Starco

2 hours ago, Pyrokip said:

While they're at it buff the sun on a stick so pyro and scout team is op 

They already did in the Smissmas Update, hell it was banned from Highlander, and I'm pretty sure most of, if not all the other UGC Tournament modes as well because Pyros would charge in, puff and let the Scout camp the nearby healthpack and crit-kill them before they could reach it.