۩ THE_Incinerate ۩ MAY RETURN!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/AchieveSupremePurpose
Look at the messages down:
Cavort:
Will you ever return to scrap.tf? It is such a different place without you
Incinerate:
Sorry i will not come back until they apologize and do the right thing. Also i am busy because university. thanks for looking after me pal~ ^-^
until they apologize and do the right thing
until they apologize
apologize

Admins plz

He already told everyone this, so the title isn't true. He stated, and I quote, "I don't feel like I'm accepted here anymore", since he got 2 warnings for the constant spam messages. Even though he was doing something nice, he knew he shouldn't have been doing so, and was blatantly breaking the rules. All he had to do was change the gif and message every few times, and would have easily avoided this situation. But because of him not getting the idea, he left Scrap.TF altogether. The admins don't have anything to apologize for, it's Incinerate that's in the wrong here. He read the rules, he knew what he was doing was wrong, so he got punished for it.

30 minutes ago, Starco said:

He already told everyone this, so the title isn't true. He stated, and I quote, "I don't feel like I'm accepted here anymore", since he got 2 warnings for the constant spam messages. Even though he was doing something nice, he knew he shouldn't have been doing so, and was blatantly breaking the rules. All he had to do was change the gif and message every few times, and would have easily avoided this situation. But because of him not getting the idea, he left Scrap.TF altogether. The admins don't have anything to apologize for, it's Incinerate that's in the wrong here. He read the rules, he knew what he was doing was wrong, so he got punished for it.

Exactly this.

He never tried a different outlet. It's his fault for not trying to change.

The Admins don't have to apologize, they were just doing their job.

If they apologize and he comes back, then it'd basically mean that The Incinerate can get away with breaking the rules and that could make other people try and do it. Which would be bad.

Also, this could be just me thinking the worse. But when all of the drama because of him leaving started, I saw some people (can't really remember who) talking about how "Things don't always are how they seem" so, (again, this is just me thinking the worse) he could've acted not so kindly towards the Staff. So if he did that, expecting an apology from the Staff is kinda hypocritical from his part.

• Developer

You can't just make an exception to the rules for one person. Rule #3 states "No spamming or posting trades. This includes posting the same thing multiple times, referral links, or trade listings." which is exactly what incinerate and then a few others were doing.

Also ironic to see people wanting us to make this exception, and then others claiming we're biased in not punishing some users.

1 hour ago, Jesse | Scrap.TF said:

You can't just make an exception to the rules for one person. Rule #3 states "No spamming or posting trades. This includes posting the same thing multiple times, referral links, or trade listings." which is exactly what incinerate and then a few others were doing.

Also ironic to see people wanting us to make this exception, and then others claiming we're biased in not punishing some users.

I know, and I've had to inform those who are questioning where he is, and when they do find out, completely state that he should have been left scott-free, while I have to explain that, that's the point of the Rules of Service: You break them, you get banned.

At this point, I feel like I should just raffle a refined, and leave a full-on message for all of those who don't already realize this, just to get them to shut up.

Back when he left and I was talking to him, he said he wouldn't return without an apology from the person that banned him. He said that instead of them treating him like a normal human and talking to him about it they just banned him.

Not gonna give an opinion, this post just reminded me of what he had told me. In the end, drama is stupid, especially from an item trading site. Incinerate was a cool guy, but rules are rules.

• Developer
3 hours ago, _BillCipher | ScrapTF said:

Back when he left and I was talking to him, he said he wouldn't return without an apology from the person that banned him. He said that instead of them treating him like a normal human and talking to him about it they just banned him.

Not gonna give an opinion, this post just reminded me of what he had told me. In the end, drama is stupid, especially from an item trading site. Incinerate was a cool guy, but rules are rules.

I don't really understand this argument. We had a long discussion with him in his ban appeal and he clearly did not show any intention to stop the spam and follow the rules.

We can't just add people on steam or other means before banning them, that's just not professional and we don't have a record of what was said there. This is what ban appeals are for. To discuss the validity of the ban in private and have a record of everything that was said.