Important question about scrap.tf auctions!

KanaPete

4 hours ago, Pjöt said:

So i have auction closed with a bid, the bidder has sold that item he/she bid. Now he/she wants to know if it's possible to buy that item again, and use it to finish that bid.

Thanks for any answers!

-Opaz

If the bidder tracks down the exact same item and buys it back, then they probably will be able to finish the bid.

If they buy a similar item, they won't be able to finish the bid because the ID would be different than the one used in the Bid.

1 hour ago, Gaia's Minion said:

If the bidder tracks down the exact same item and buys it back, then they probably will be able to finish the bid.

If they buy a similar item, they won't be able to finish the bid because the ID would be different than the one used in the Bid.

The original ID of the item would be the same, but the current ID of it would have changed, technically. It's technically not the same item.

2 minutes ago, Duwangkip said:

Why would you sell an item you're bidding elsewhere in the first place?

My thoughts exactly, but after all  everyone makes mistakes

1 hour ago, Gaia's Minion said:

The bidder got same item (not sure if physically same item, probably not) and it didn't work, ty for help tho. 

22 minutes ago, Pjöt said:

The bidder got same item (not sure if physically same item, probably not) and it didn't work, ty for help tho. 

Like I said, it has to be the same exact item, not a similar one, items have unique IDs so you can't just replace them on Bids.

Sadly it sounds like the Bidder is going to face a Ban since they won't be able to Finish the Bid.

Remember that this subforum is not for help and support and this is not the first time I have seen some users in here ignoring said warnings. If you all keep helping users in the wrong section instead of redirecting them to help and support, you will face punishment.

Anyways. As I hinted before the right place is help and support.

This thread has been locked.