Lack of love for the auctions

On 14/3/2017 at 1:49 PM, Jdragon5048 said:

I noticed when I started to look at the recommended changes for scrap that there is a lot of simple problems which are not being delt within the auctions. All I want is to hear more options on this. P.s. Please don't make it too long

Simple, Jesse isn't a big fan of Auctions and Geel is not paying attention to them. That's why there's a "lack of love" for Auctions.

3 hours ago, Lumberneer said:

Don't ban me plox

I think that they aren't fan of auctions because they aren't making profit from it. :catty_strange:

Well, I mean, if that's the case, then why add them in the first place? They had to know that Auctions weren't going to bring them profit so it's not like "Oh look at that, we aren't getting profit, who would've thought that"

Edited by Gaia's Minion
  • Developer
On 3/18/2017 at 4:14 PM, Gaia's Minion said:

Well, I mean, if that's the case, then why add them in the first place? They had to know that Auctions weren't going to bring them profit so it's not like "Oh look at that, we aren't getting profit, who would've thought that"

You'll have to ask Geel that because I don't know either. And it's not about profit. Raffles don't make anything either and I enjoy keeping them up to date and running well.

8 minutes ago, kirby said:

Or the, "Insta-buy for exactly bp.tf price! 95% Item Factor because I can't go the full 100% for some reason!" auctions.

And the "Selling low-tier skin for an extremely overpriced price because there's 1 listing in the SCM for over $100 and whoever calls me out and provides info demontrating that the skin is worth 1 ref instead of 100 keys will get their comments deleted" auctions

22 minutes ago, Gaia's Minion said:

And the "Selling low-tier skin for an extremely overpriced price because there's 1 listing in the SCM for over $100 and whoever calls me out and provides info demontrating that the skin is worth 1 ref instead of 100 keys will get their comments deleted" auctions

The list of auction stereotypes can go on. Such as the, "Buying 10 for 10 refined! Only 80% Item Factor!" (That actually exists right now.)

20 minutes ago, kirby said:

If only there was a way to fix these abominations known as auctions... I know! Remove them.

As much as I enjoy making Auctions (specially No Min Bid ones cause they're fun :csdsmile:), I agree, if, they are not going to be fixed, just remove them until someone comes out and actually works on them to make them actual Auctions instead of bad trades.

3 hours ago, Gaia's Minion said:

As much as I enjoy making Auctions (specially No Min Bid ones cause they're fun :csdsmile:), I agree, if, they are not going to be fixed, just remove them until someone comes out and actually works on them to make them actual Auctions instead of bad trades.

That someone is Geel. Who never really works, per se.