3 hours ago, saveriocello trade.tf said:

its a great idea but the issue i have is what if someone makes like a ton of bots that just enter the raffle for free and snipes free items everyday then sells them for profit, maybe only if you put in an item you can enter rather then being completely free

Bots are already banned, and if they're able to join the megaraffle they can also join other raffles, so there isn't much of a difference there. 

If you have to give something first it technically makes it betting, which is illegal.

I suspect this feature was created for people who want to make raffles but are too lazy to withdraw the items from their site inventory and then trade them back to the raffle bots.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:12 PM, Lukiday 🐈 said:

Bots are already banned, and if they're able to join the megaraffle they can also join other raffles, so there isn't much of a difference there. 

If you have to give something first it technically makes it betting, which is illegal.

I suspect this feature was created for people who want to make raffles but are too lazy to withdraw the items from their site inventory and then trade them back to the raffle bots.

thank you Lukiday and I see there is anti bot protection on the mega raffles :)

tbh I'm glad scrap.tf implements the idea ""officially"" before anyone else (who could arguably be shady) suggests that they as a community should make a 'megaraffle', and that they should give their items to them

that being said, pretty sure I haven't won since the megaraffle was moved to 24h from 30m. not big soup amirite?

Megaraffle IMO just will not work in the longrun. 

People will realize its just an easier way to enter big raffles without having to actually look, the number of people submitting items has and will keep going down until hardly anything goes into the pot.

The comments are just a cesspool of people who have only have entered 10 raffles and complain non-stop about how they never win anything.

In general I think it's just going to make the community here more toxic with people constantly spamming that they want to win just like it was in Geel's Flash Raffles. There will be no thank-yous and friendly socializing, just constant spam.

How can ScrapTF make the Megaraffle better?

Here's some of my thoughts on how to make it better (I will probably re-post this in a suggestion forum)

1. Upgrade the layout of the Megaraffle. I think we can all agree it's a little clunky and some parts take up a lot of unneeded space

2. Change it to a weekly or monthly raffle. 24 hours isn't enough time to get people hyped over a raffle and want to contribute their big items.

3. Add rewards for small and big contrubitors such as profile picture hats, badges/achievements, discounts for buying items from the bots, or maybe even special Marketplace.TF coupons

Just a suggestion but can we make Megaraffles valid to ONLY people who read the rules? The current Megaraffle is simply....cancerous with all the grey users whining about not winning anything and begging for items :) Think of it as a reward for those who actually read the rules. Seems pretty legit to me since this would obviously benefit the community in whole

17 hours ago, Winter Alice said:

Just a suggestion but can we make Megaraffles valid to ONLY people who read the rules? The current Megaraffle is simply....cancerous with all the grey users whining about not winning anything and begging for items :) Think of it as a reward for those who actually read the rules. Seems pretty legit to me since this would obviously benefit the community in whole

Post it in suggestion right now.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 11:17 PM, Stargazing Teacup said:

please mods, the amount of people complaining is too high. this should be a feature. (yes i know this isn't in suggestions)