Aowwl

Megaraffle for only Rule-Readers

20 minutes ago, Aowwl said:

There needs to be a 1 scrap entry deposit for every Megaraffle a person enters. This would greatly decrease the number of alt accounts entering the megaraffles. Each scrap a person uses to enter should be used as site profit, as adding them to the prize pool would make it a more than 100% chance for each user to win, completely counteracting the deterrent.

Yeah... Nope. The Rules state that Raffles are Free to enter and it'll stay like that forever.

Also, adding an "Entry Fee" and giving you higher chances of winning would be kinda gambling, which is a no-no in the eyes of the TFTeam/Valve, and would get Scrap.tf shut down.

2 hours ago, Gaia's Minion said:

Yeah... Nope. The Rules state that Raffles are Free to enter and it'll stay like that forever.

Also, adding an "Entry Fee" and giving you higher chances of winning would be kinda gambling, which is a no-no in the eyes of the TFTeam/Valve, and would get Scrap.tf shut down.

I never said giving you higher chances... ???

I do not mean to be rude, but we all can forget paying, in any way, to be able to enter, because all raffles are supposed to be free. I do know it is frustating to not win anything, but I am pretty sure if that even happen, or noone will even enter, or there would be so many scrap, that the chances of winning something that is not scrap will be low, so it is very likely that you receive the exact item that you contributed to enter

4 hours ago, MercsInBoxes™ said:

...Or how about instead allow the Megaraffle to rule readers only instead?

And paying to enter is pretty unfair.

Edited the suggestion to your idea as it is more fair. I don't know what I was thinking suggesting an entrance fee XD

17 hours ago, Ronald_D_D said:

I think the brainwave badge is enough of an embarrassment. Forcing people to read the rules to enter the megaraffle seems like a little too much don't you think?

I mean, if they don't read the rules, then why let them participate in a raffle that is held in accordance to the rules they didn't read?

Edited by Aowwl

1 hour ago, Aowwl said:

I mean, if they don't read the rules, then why let them participate in a raffle that is held in accordance to the rules they didn't read?

I don't know how strict scrap.tf's stance is with "anyone is allowed to enter a raffle". But say you did need to have read the rules. You're most likely going to have a lot more people read them for the sole purpose of entering the megaraffle and for nothing else, meaning they still didn't read them legitimately. The badge of shame is subtle and does not strictly force anyone to read the rules. Making those that do read them, more legitimate.

Say it's like when people buy a great game for only the Genuine TF2 promo items that come with it but then deciding not to play the actual game itself.

8 hours ago, DED the fanfic maker said:

Nah, I think that's just perfect. It'll stop some bots.

But are there not pre-existing checks needed to enter a megaraffle anyways? Like you needing to trade with the site once and the captchas to prevent bots?

8 hours ago, Ronald_D_D said:

I don't know how strict scrap.tf's stance is with "anyone is allowed to enter a raffle". But say you did need to have read the rules. You're most likely going to have a lot more people read them for the sole purpose of entering the megaraffle and for nothing else, meaning they still didn't read them legitimately. The badge of shame is subtle and does not strictly force anyone to read the rules. Making those that do read them, more legitimate.

Say it's like when people buy a great game for only the Genuine TF2 promo items that come with it but then deciding not to play the actual game itself.

But are there not pre-existing checks needed to enter a megaraffle anyways? Like you needing to trade with the site once and the captchas to prevent bots?

yee but its just another extra layer of security 

Actually, make it so only rule-readers can comment in the megaraffle comment section. Believe me, it's very cancerous horrible there, and I think that could really help control it.