Skin Dumping

An issue that happen since dawn of auction, many include myself are victims of this.

There are already been a few suggestion in the forum speaking about this issue yet no progress have been made.

I have created a raffle asking the public's opinion.

So I would like to share the responses here.

1.) Do you use Scrap.tf's auction? (54 responses)

• Yes - 33 (61.1%)
  • No - 21 (38.9%)

2.) Are you a victim of skin dumping? (54 responses)

• Yes - 20 (37%)
  • No - 34 (63%)

3.) Should Scrap.tf auction have an item filter? (54 responses)

• Yes - 41 (75.9%)
  • No - 13 (24.1%)

4.) If you're a victim of skin dumping, do you use that skin to bid on other people's auction? (44 responses)

• Yes - 15 (34.1%)
  • No - 29 (65.9%)

Some honorable opinions I got:

• "I feel adding filters would further complicate it but there should be filters to screen out skins as some are way overpriced and when we say clearly in our auctions "No Skins!" and yet they still bid skins and worst yet, some even bid at the last second so it cant be rejected at the last moment."

• "Scrap.tf should have a feature where people who bid on the auction before it ended can keep on bidding until one bidder is left after all the other bidders fold. There could also be a time limit instead so this doesn't go on for forever. This also gives time for the bidder to reject skin and other undesirable items."

• "I like the idea of a filter system a lot, however I'd hope that it would be more complex than just accepting skins/whatever item or not. For example someone may hate damaged skins, but be perfectly okay with factory new ones. This also reminds me of how people may want unusual offers, but would hate unusual weapon/taunt offers. The more in depth the filter system is, the better."'

Edited by Jill