MangoStarco

Censoring Option

A somewhat stupid idea honestly, but whatever.

It's what the idea sounds like: an option that can only be changed manually in the user's settings that, when activated/ in use, will censor any swear word. 

I realized that, despite the site being a business and promotes freedom of speech with no auto-censoring system and whatnot, some users *cough*little kids*cough* dislike the usage of swearing in Forums, raffles, and messages on the site, so to make it an optional setting for those sensitive to a minor swear, consider installing an option to censor certain words like:

• shit
  • fuck
  • damn
  • fag/ faggot
  • cunt
  • dick
  • both n words (not going to list them since everyone knows which two words I'm referring to)
  • bitch
  • whore
  • bastard
  • ass and/or asshole
  • crap

This should keep the site optionally child-friendly for those on the site who either dislike the usage of swears [not me, I fucking love to swear, but it's an idea for those who aren't like me] or want the site a bit more friendly to the younger audience.

(P.S., not exactly related to the suggestion, but the list of words I privided, but did you know, "Jesus wept", "J e s u s", and "Christ on a cracker" all count as swears? https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:English_swear_words )

Tf2 is rated M, the game has plenty of swearing in it not including other players. So there shouldn't even be kids to worry about. :^) But I do know plenty of people who dislike swearing so sure why not.

Edited by Narancia is a qt (Pyrokip)
how to spell right?

19 minutes ago, Narancia is a qt (Pyrokip) said:

Tf2 is rated M, the game has plenty of swearing in it not including other players. So there shouldn't even be kids to worry about. :^) But I do know plenty of people who dislike swearing so sure why not.

Since when have parents been strict on M rated games? If they were, there'd be a significantly less amount of squeakers and babies playing an adult game.