Somewhat Up-to-Date List of Server Problems & Suggestions

Things that I've noticed for the time being that should probably be acknowledged, since I see no other forum with listings yet.

• On "The Hidden" mode on the Custom Server, the Hidden's ability to super jump is broken and unusable
    • Consequently, there are a lot of maps in the listing where it is nearly impossible to win as the Hidden due to the jump being broken, such as the numerous high ledges on Sawmill
  • Due to the "meta" of the Hidden gamemode (standing in a corner the whole game, preventing the Hidden from stabbing you while waiting for him to starve to death) and the opinion of the mode, it might be better to implement FF2 or VSH instead (if possible)
    • Asking for community feedback publicly would probably be better regarding this
  • Whenever the Custom server is full, there tends to be a lot of server-side lag
    • This is most apparent on Stop That Tank
  • TF2Ware is pretty much completely broken, you just go to the small starting map and kill people there with normal respawns the whole time
  • Serious Server gets very laggy at times, making most hits not register and lag behind a few seconds
  • Deathrun will sometimes give the error message regarding "could not find a valid Death", locking the current Death in his position the entire map
Edited by The Predecessor
  • 3 weeks later...

Server 3, the trade/idle one, is unplayably laggy.

• Projectiles are very slow and jerk bit-by-bit to their destination.

• Somehow, the first person animations are affected. They look like stop-motion, but worse.

• People are affected, too, as they also jerk around the map.

• It can take a whole half-second before hits register.

• Before long, you'll be teleporting all over the map with the lag.

• I've noticed after trying to play on the server, my lag is horrible everywhere else I go. Coincidence? I dunno.

But yeah, server 3 is a huge mess right now.

On 8/14/2017 at 1:26 AM, The Predecessor said:

Things that I've noticed for the time being that should probably be acknowledged, since I see no other forum with listings yet.

• On "The Hidden" mode on the Custom Server, the Hidden's ability to super jump is broken and unusable
    • Consequently, there are a lot of maps in the listing where it is nearly impossible to win as the Hidden due to the jump being broken, such as the numerous high ledges on Sawmill
  • Due to the "meta" of the Hidden gamemode (standing in a corner the whole game, preventing the Hidden from stabbing you while waiting for him to starve to death) and the opinion of the mode, it might be better to implement Versus Saxton Hale instead (if possible)
    • Asking for community feedback publicly would probably be better regarding this
  • Whenever the Custom server is full, there tends to be a lot of server-side lag
    • This is most apparent on Stop That Tank
  • TF2Ware is pretty much completely broken, you just go to the small starting map and kill people there with normal respawns the whole time
  • Serious Server gets very laggy at times, making most hits not register and lag behind a few seconds
  • Deathrun will sometimes give the error message regarding "could not find a valid Death", locking the current Death in his position the entire map

Also, in response to your actual post: Yes, please get rid of the Hidden. I hate the game mode so much. Please bring back Freak Fortress 2 (or Vs. Saxton Hale, but it used to be FF2.)