Jump to content
Adine the Banana Wyvern

"Follow" Raffler Option

Recommended Posts

Since there are a lot of people who like specific raffle users (hence why there's a "Well Respected Raffler" badge) and a lot of people make series raffles, I thought it would be nice to have an option next to the tip and report options where you can follow a raffle and get separate notifications when a raffler raffles, and on the raffle page, it will display current raffles from people you follow separately from all other raffles like it would when you make a raffle and it displays yours above all others.
There can also be a badge for highly followed users and a counter for how many followers a user has.
It's just a little suggestion I have, that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have some follower badges done as well. They will need to be edited a bit though.
10 followers:
watched_badge_10.png.6a07e13f0b6b6c0c558f42bb6831d83e.png

25 followers:
watched_badge_25.png.377b4b478fcfc59aadff7b67461f0154.png

50 followers:

watched_badge_50.png.5f1445c8f34b4c0dec8c8665fdddd9f9.png

100 followers:

watched_badge_100.png.71d0db629230b48c055c00cf6849a71d.png

500 followers:
watched_badge_500.png.f7e59c1510f9181dc3ebcd6e934efba5.png

1000 followers:
watched_badge_1000.png.c243a39ee5736fc5e83ff16ebe7656ca.png

5000 followers:
watched_badge_5000.png.1d60322192fb76d9eaded0d873657e33.png

10,000 followers:
Some sort of burning flames badge.
50,000 followers:
Some sort of scorching flames badge.
100,000+ followers:
Some sort of nebula badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, it might start a "popularity" contest where people try to get as many followers as possible.  Popularity on Scrap.TF seems to be very shaky, other than some who have been here for a while and have done great things with the community.  Just my input, other than that I think it's an interesting concept.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Panic! said:

In my opinion, it might start a "popularity" contest where people try to get as many followers as possible.

 

That's why I feel as if they should have something where it's like begging for tips. If they ask for a follow in their raffle, the option will be removed to do so.

Though I'd suggest scrap.tf to do it manually as some may just be asking for a follow/watch on something like Twatter or DeviantAurt.
Oh, and if it wasn't clear in my sentence, it has to be a manual follow within the raffle.
Or, maybe something where a Super Donor (Super Premium) can get follows on their profile for people going to it.
Just a few more ideas to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2017 at 10:10 PM, MangoStarco said:

From what I remember, this has already been suggested before, but instead it was a subscriber button for a raffler.

Now I just got another idea!
People can also subscribe for a certain amount "like a refined" so rafflers can raffle to only those people who subscribed to them.
They'd have to have made some good raffles before they can get the subscriber option though (for example, they have raffled something over 10 keys in a single raffle before.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Adine the Banana Wyvern said:

Now I just got another idea!
People can also subscribe for a certain amount "like a refined" so rafflers can raffle to only those people who subscribed to them.
 

 

So for example, I'd pay 5 refs to subscribe to X Raffler, then X Raffler can make "private" raffles only for me?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gaia's Minion said:

 

So for example, I'd pay 5 refs to subscribe to X Raffler, then X Raffler can make "private" raffles only for me?

 

Sort of like that. But maybe make the raffles so only good items like things that are 5+ keys can be raffle to keep it fair.
And there will be a whole "Subscribed raffles" section for people who subscribed to the raffler with the special raffles.

Edited by Adine the Banana Wyvern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adine the Banana Wyvern said:

Sort of like that. But maybe make the raffles so only good items like things that are 5+ keys can be raffle to keep it fair.
And there will be a whole "Subscribed raffles" section for people who subscribed to the raffler with the special raffles.

Well, Idk. Usually anything that involves paying is a no-no.

 

In this case, with that you'd be paying to, in a way, get access to some Raffles, which would break the Raffles Rule No.3 aka:

  • Public and puzzle raffles are free to enter by everyone. Do not create pay to join raffles, or puzzle raffles that are solvable by your friends only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, it's been quite quiet here. I guess the devs are trying to implement it or they are considering it.
Anyways, just excited to see if this comes in.
 

On 9/7/2017 at 3:44 PM, Gaia's Minion said:

Well, Idk. Usually anything that involves paying is a no-no.

 

In this case, with that you'd be paying to, in a way, get access to some Raffles, which would break the Raffles Rule No.3 aka:

  • Public and puzzle raffles are free to enter by everyone. Do not create pay to join raffles, or puzzle raffles that are solvable by your friends only.


You do have a point. And honestly, it would just be forcing rafflers to make premium raffles every week or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adine the Banana Wyvern said:

Jeez, it's been quite quiet here. I guess the devs are trying to implement it or they are considering it.

Not to burst your bubble, but if it had been considered, it would have already been with what I said before, how someone else already came up with this suggestion as a subscribe-to-raffler button. And even if it had, it doesn't take them 9 days to implement it. They implemented my "Forum Polls" idea just several hours after I made the suggestion, and this sort of idea isn't much more complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MangoStarco said:

Not to burst your bubble, but if it had been considered, it would have already been with what I said before, how someone else already came up with this suggestion as a subscribe-to-raffler button. And even if it had, it doesn't take them 9 days to implement it. They implemented my "Forum Polls" idea just several hours after I made the suggestion, and this sort of idea isn't much more complicated.

That's a different story. IPboard (the forum software) already has polls implemented, so Jesse only had to flip a switch ("Forum polls are enabled now").

A feature like this will take quite some time to test and implement, and depending on how high it is on Jesse's to-do list, it might even take a few weeks.

Edited by Lukiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lukiday said:

That's a different story. IPboard (the forum software) already has polls implemented, so Jesse only had to flip a switch ("Forum polls are enabled now").

A feature like this will take quite some time to test and implement, and depending on how high it is on Jesse's to-do list, it might even take a few weeks.

Ah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like, I have suggested a good thing (in the raffles that doesn't have comments enables actually warn the other users that you can't comment) and I think I have enough good votes and still it doesn't happen

Probably they reject the "rejectables" and accept quickly the ones that may include a huge improvement, while the ones that may be good are being considered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great idea, I just don't want those popularity badges. It would make new users feel unpopular and unwelcome and make the raffle section into a popularity contest. Fully willing to see that subscribe to raffler button though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...