3xlneet #ScrapTF

Hallowent Event Bugs Megathread

Greetings everyone,

This thread will be used for posting all of the bugs that you encounter in this halloween event, such as some tasks not fully working.

Edited by 3xlneet #ScrapTF

4 hours ago, Negan said:

I can't submit the "Visit the forums." task even though I obviously visited them.

Make sure you click the "Forum" button on the main site or else it won't work.

6 hours ago, Comatose Gamer said:

I've found the secret link, but when I click on it, it doesn't let me complete the task "Jack-o-Candy"

Are you sure you clicked the correct secret link? There's 2 of them.

1 hour ago, Jesse | Scrap.TF said:

Make sure you click the "Forum" button on the main site or else it won't work.

That's what I did and it still won't let me redeem the points.

Soo I found the secret link and it didn't work okay I checked the page source for the secret I found it again it was the same link soo am I just really dumb or what "edit" never mind i got it to work sorry for this

Edited by Mr. King Dice

13 hours ago, Comatose Gamer said:

I've found the secret link, but when I click on it, it doesn't let me complete the task "Jack-o-Candy"

I can also say this same problem is happening to me. How did you fix it?

Edited by Captain Harris
Asking how they fixed it

8 hours ago, Captain Harris said:

I can also say this same problem is happening to me. How did you fix it?

38 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

No addons, nothing that could block it - clicking on the link just takes you to Halloween event page, doesn't unlock the quest.

Remember that there are multiple secret links and that you might be clicking on the wrong one.

I haven't had any new quests since the very first day of the event. On the first day, some of the quests I did have were duplicated—listed twice, each, but only one of the pair could be turned in--which also felt like a bug.

Is there any hope to continue participating, given I was only able to complete the first day's quests?

Edited by vision

I just spent my points on a halloween profile Theme. Nothing has happend to my page and it looks the same. Did somthing go wrong? Or do i just have to wait? Thank you

Never mind ! I figured it out. TY

Edited by Karma

Completed the quest in which you have to create a public raffle, I didn't even made one and I don't really know how it got completed

Also the same with private raffle, but I actually had to create one, but I didn't trade items.

PS: Just don't remove my EP :csdsmile:

16 hours ago, Karlzobok said:

Completed the quest in which you have to create a public raffle, I didn't even made one and I don't really know how it got completed

Also the same with private raffle, but I actually had to create one, but I didn't trade items.

PS: Just don't remove my EP :csdsmile:

You probably already had a public raffle going on and the private raffle one is not a bug. As the quest says: create a private raffle. It does not say anything about trading the items in or anything like that, only create.

I have found 2 secret links both take me to the halloween event still cant turn in for points EDIT: Just registered it

Edited by [DFS]Eevee_bot_MK5

It appears if you go enter raffles instead of creating one, and comment on a few or almost create a raffle I.E responding to offer but not confirming (worked for me xd) , you will gain EP. You will also Gain EP for the sweet weapon trade thing if you do the same method from before, responding to offer without confirming, you get EP.

Also, Gaining EP from other accounts still applies to Fight the so called "Evil Entity" this can be very abusive as people can make many accounts and earn EP from there killing the Entity in a matter of minutes/hours. 

Suggestions on fixing (I dont know a thing about coding so this may not work). Only count creating public raffles (not the 500 one) as if  the raffle has at least two to ten entries in it (if you're creating a public raffle). And as for the not responding to the trade offer thing, make sure bots get the scrap or item in return, check their trade offers (if possbile). And for the account Abuse, try to input the same thing that is applied when entering raffles with the same IP except like a notification stating Cannot gain EP from same IP (address).

Glad to Support the Community And fellow Staff. I'm working to become a pediatrician, not a Coder! :P

Edited by Mr. JasonVorheesPHD.
Forgot the Evil Entity EP abuse.

5 hours ago, Mr. JasonVorheesPHD. said:

It appears if you go enter raffles instead of creating one, and comment on a few or almost create a raffle I.E responding to offer but not confirming (worked for me xd) , you will gain EP. You will also Gain EP for the sweet weapon trade thing if you do the same method from before, responding to offer without confirming, you get EP.

That is intentional. The quest says to create a raffle and does not say anything about keep it going. This is to make it fair for people who cannot trade because of Steam Guard restrictions and the sort (that's why you do not have to fully trade the weapons).

5 hours ago, Mr. JasonVorheesPHD. said:

Also, Gaining EP from other accounts still applies to Fight the so called "Evil Entity" this can be very abusive as people can make many accounts and earn EP from there killing the Entity in a matter of minutes/hours.

This is fine and only one account will be able to enter the raffle

12 hours ago, 3xlneet #ScrapTF said:

That is intentional. The quest says to create a raffle and does not say anything about keep it going. This is to make it fair for people who cannot trade because of Steam Guard restrictions and the sort (that's why you do not have to fully trade the weapons).

This is fine and only one account will be able to enter the raffle

So attacking the entity with numerous accounts won't lead to bans or offenses?

On 10/19/2017 at 7:14 AM, [Takeover] Negan said:

I can't submit the "Visit the forums." task even though I obviously visited them.

Takes time, try refreshing

Well, I've already visited and posted here in the forums but, the quest still doesn't have the "Turn In" Button. How do I get this to pop-up?