What is the main reason you got into tf2?

✧:9 LE

For me, it was the flamethrower. I loved how unconventional the weapons were in tf2 compared to other games out at the time. Seeing endless videos on YouTube with hilarious facial expressions and the births of timeless tf2 memes, I finally broke down and bought the game. The year was 2010, and I was on  vacation with my family. I had bought the orange box, and I had just installed steam on my laptop, thanks to the internet provided to me by our family that we visited. For an entire month, I sat in the backseat of our car, playing offline against bots. Using. Only. The. Flamethrower. Sad? Maybe. Useful? Who knows. Impactful. Oh god yes. 

Here I am, 5500 hours later, dying to know what made you start playing this game. 

wSNcNJU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got bored of dota 2, looked in other f2p games, found tf2, remembered the tf2 vs ow battle, downloaded it because i have no money for ow, played it. It fas fun and weird: no tutorials on more, than 4 classes, and i got better by tips on loading screen and bot games. I don't remember, which class I played most at the time, but it was very fun, even when I died a lot.