Email trade confirming, is it really necessary?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey )

I think it work this way :

Without mail check

If someone know your steam password, he connects when you are afk trade all your stuff on one of his account and leave.

Congratz your inventory is now as clean as possible

With mail check

Someone know your steam password he connects to your account make the trade but EMAIL CONFIRM, he doesn't know your mail password ( if you are using same pass on both steam/mail change it asap you NEED 2 differents one !) Congratz all your stuff is safe =)

Don't disable it, plus, if you disable it steam support won't help you if you got scam/steal, just let one tab open with your messagerie =)

Even if scrap.tf is safe i don't think it's possible ( for now ) to just disable steam mail from the bots, because it's up to valve to implement such a system, but i do hope it will be able in the futur.

Hope it has been helpful.

Pretty much what Neo said: If you turn it off, trades are a bit quicker. However, if you get scammed in any fashion, Valve will not assist you at all.

If you keep it on, Valve will support you in the event you get scammed - and it acts as an extra firewall into your inventory - at the cost of having to take a minute to verify the email.

Additionally, you are only required to use email verification when items are removed from your backpack, and not when items get put into it.

• 2 weeks later...