I forgot the time limit for the event :c

First of all, I don't try to make gossip nor cause drama about the whole deal, it is just my opinion of the train wreck the event is currently having.

Let's be real here, how many of you ACTUALLY read the deadline? Because I didn't, or if I did, I forgot, while I had a big health issue during the event, and was willing to gift with my full heart, at the end of the day it is my fault not planning properly, you should accept that if that's your case.

You deposited your items but got removed? Did you actually SEND your gift? Trading the items to the bots does not guarantees that they are for the event, they could be a bid for an auction or something, it is a bit of an annoyance to trade the items then actually select what you'll gift on the santa window, and quite honestly in a next edition that could be remedy, but you should have paid more attention.

Got screwed over because of a bot overload and your items got scrambled in eternity? I'll honestly would complain if that's the case since that was outside your control in the supposed "controlled environment" that the event has, and being completely bias here, if the Scrap.TF team knew the work load would be huge yesterday they should have been more prepared.

I know the 18th of December is a really odd date to make a deadline, however, now "everyone" that was fully committed to the event will receive a gift since both accidental and real grinches have been filtered out.

Let's be real, Scrap.tf has forgiven all grinches 2 years in a row, do you really think that will happen again? Let's say I got ungrinched, that won't change a think since I'm already out of the event, so, I'll gift nothing to no one unless I actively seek out someone, plus, if an exception is made, then another one will, and another, another, another, and so on until everyone is forgiven. How do you separate the actual people that got screwed over by poor time management, bot scrambling their items, people who forgot to actually send the gift and all in-between from actual grinches?

You might as well accept your fate, I am not trying to be negative on purpose, but we got a confirmation button on December 1st for a reason. I know you feel frustrated, sad, angry, impotent or something among those lines, I am feeling the same things as you do, but... We can't do nothing other than accept our mistakes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Felipaxo
Title had: "Guys, we might have to accept your mistakes" but I intended to say "Guys, we might have to accept out mistakes"

In my opinion the Deadline was on a pretty bad date.

A lot of People were still working or going on school and being busy buying Presents for they Family and Friends.

The Deadline was also hidden in my opinion. There was no notification or something else that the Deadline ends soon.

This Years' secret Santa was a total mess imo. 

25 minutes ago, useless dishwasher said:

Wait, guys! You might still be able to deposit a gift and avoid a ban. If you go to https://scrap.tf/santa  , you can still deposit a gift here. The link to the gifting area is still open currently, just that there's no button on the website to go to this website. This is the real scrap.tf , you can see that you are already logged in, so this isn't a makeshift scam website for those who are suspecting a scam. Try to gift fast!!! Hope I could help some of you!!

No, everyone who missed the deadline received a notification saying that they were kicked, and the entire top portion was removed.

7 minutes ago, Smlif said:

Dude I feel awful, I totally forgot about the deadline, and now I likely won't be able to give the gift's I wanted to give, but maybe I will find them, does anyone know how I can find the person I accidentally grinched?

if you didn't know who they were before, then you'll never know