Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Silence

Getting Snipped on raffles

Sniping  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Should a cut off point be added to auctions?

    • Yes
      15
    • No
      3


Recommended Posts

Everybody hates getting snipped on auctions and getting terrible items that they didn't want.

 

My suggestion would be a cut off point where people couldn't bid before the auction ended (around 5 - 30 minutes or so).

 

The person auctioning  could be happy with the bid or decline it and not be ripped off.

 

Its a big issue when items are not priced correctly and people just bid away the items no one wants. :csdfrown:

Edited by Pinkish Shillpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ye you are right. I've seen an auction with a dragon slayer that had a bid of 20 crappy warpaints. The auctioneer declined thier bid but 2 seconds before the end of the auction someone placed a bid of 1 scrap.  Maybe more people will join auctions with this method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pinkish Shillpack said:

Everybody hates getting snipped on auctions and getting terrible items that they didn't want.

 

My suggestion would be a cut off point where people couldn't bid before the auction ended (around 5 - 30 minutes or so).

 

The person auctioning  could be happy with the bid or decline it and not be ripped off.

 

Its a big issue when items are not priced correctly and people just bid away the items no one wants. :csdfrown:

 

The Staff has said that Sniping is part of Auctions, even in IRL so I doubt they'll try to stop them or anything like that.

 

Also the "cut off point" would kinda affect Bidders and Auctioneers.

 

1. The time range you suggested is kinda the time where a lot of auctions start getting "bid wars", so the Cut Off Point would stop this and would/could result in your Auction ending with a Low Bid.

 

2. Snipers could just bid in the last seconds Before the Cut Off.

 

3. Should the Cut Off only be shown to the Auctioneer, people would not know when they can/can't bid, again, the 5 - 30 minutes is when a lot of people go back to Auctions to see if they will bid again or not, so imagine all those people coming back to your auction, but no one being able to bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gaia's Minion said:

 

The Staff has said that Sniping is part of Auctions, even in IRL so I doubt they'll try to stop them or anything like that.

 

Also the "cut off point" would kinda affect Bidders and Auctioneers.

 

1. The time range you suggested is kinda the time where a lot of auctions start getting "bid wars", so the Cut Off Point would stop this and would/could result in your Auction ending with a Low Bid.

 

2. Snipers could just bid in the last seconds Before the Cut Off.

 

3. Should the Cut Off only be shown to the Auctioneer, people would not know when they can/can't bid, again, the 5 - 30 minutes is when a lot of people go back to Auctions to see if they will bid again or not, so imagine all those people coming back to your auction, but no one being able to bid.

If the idea didn't get implemented, the least that could happen would be for some items to get banned from auctions.

 

1. I usually see the bid wars at the beginning then die down until there's a good deal often getting snipped at the last second with not so good items.

 

2. Yes that's true but in the remaining minutes, the auctioneer could just cancel the bid. They get nothing but at least they keep something actually worth something. 

 

3. Like real life, the good deals aren't always there. I see no reason why the cut off be shown only to the auctioneer, everyone could see just so they know when bidding is off. I think more people bid on the 5-30 minute auctions with unwanted items than wanted items and keys

 

Then again, this is only a suggestion. I just see lots of people complain about getting snipped and often, the auction is going well and BAM terrible items. :csdsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure snipes on auctions is just a part of the platform, both in real life and Scrap.tf. So to me I think it'll be there to stay. The only difference I see that makes it particularly unfair is that you aren't in the same room as the snipe bidder so can't rebid easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second this idea, but this should be a time after the auction has ended, maybe 30 minutes to an hour, for the auctioneer to reject bids instead of it being time before the auction has really ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vanilla Bean said:

I second this idea, but this should be a time after the auction has ended, maybe 30 minutes to an hour, for the auctioneer to reject bids instead of it being time before the auction has really ended.

 

And that would end bad. Some auctioneers would go "welp, didn't get enough profit, time to reject every bid so no one wins".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...