Hat Banking Prices

At its most basic, the reason is "Geel wanted them to change".

As for reasons he would do that, it's likely because the hatbots have had too few hats recently, so he's encouraging selling them and discouraging buying them until we have a morew even stock.

Before, you could buy a hat quickly, but if selling one, you'd lose out a little, so many would just go sell it elsewhere. Now, you pay a scrap extra if you actually want the hat, or you look elsewhere. Hats come in at a regular price and go out to those that actually want the hat. I assume that pretty soon it'll be changed again to lower the price back again.

At its most basic, the reason is "Geel wanted them to change".

As for reasons he would do that, it's likely because the hatbots have had too few hats recently, so he's encouraging selling them and discouraging buying them until we have a morew even stock.

Before, you could buy a hat quickly, but if selling one, you'd lose out a little, so many would just go sell it elsewhere. Now, you pay a scrap extra if you actually want the hat, or you look elsewhere. Hats come in at a regular price and go out to those that actually want the hat. I assume that pretty soon it'll be changed again to lower the price back again.

Thank you for the reply. It confirmed my thoughts about the hat banking price increase.

Yes, I noticed this too. 

I am curious if the price for hats in the whole TF2 community increased, or only on Scrap.tf...

Sorry if this is a noob question, I am sorta new to trading, and the only reason my bp is worth a bit is because of a lucky unbox, lol.

Only on scrap.tf by the looks of it however it is still easy to sell a craft hat for 1.33

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/546763abb98d886b268b4998

Relevant. Lots of the hat prices have got to 1.33 or higher but the "random craft hat" price is 1.22.