Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hINDUs

not bug fix links in raffles

Recommended Posts

for quite some time, some of the links in raffles have an additional "%C2%A0" on their end added, its more and more annoying when you have to manually fix the link in address bar

is there any way to automatically fix this ... dunno, what it is; an user error using the editor, or some bug...

there is at least one of these on daily basis.. example from today: https://scrap.tf/raffles/37E6YC

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, hINDUs said:

for quite some time, some of the links in raffles have an additional "%C2%A0" on their end added, its more and more annoying when you have to manually fix the link in address bar

is there any way to automatically fix this ... dunno, what it is; an user error using the editor, or some bug...

there is at least one of these on daily basis.. example from today: https://scrap.tf/raffles/37E6YC

 

Don't think it's a bug.

 

If you hover over the first link, you can see it has a space at the end, so if you click it, it won't take you to the raffle.

The second link, which is the same link as the first one, does Not have the space at the end and so it works properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gaia's Minion said:

 

Don't think it's a bug.

 

If you hover over the first link, you can see it has a space at the end, so if you click it, it won't take you to the raffle.

The second link, which is the same link as the first one, does Not have the space at the end and so it works properly.

not a bug? user makes a link, it gots somehow mangled with "space" or whatever "%C2%A0" at the end, user makes another links, and its fine...

user error or not aka a bug, its popping up on every day, from various people

technology is for making things easier, not for making me, a human, fixing technology errors

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, hINDUs said:

not a bug? user makes a link, it gots somehow mangled with "space" or whatever "%C2%A0" at the end, user makes another links, and its fine...

user error or not aka a bug, its popping up on every day, from various people

technology is for making things easier, not for making me, a human, fixing technology errors

 

Seems to me that it's just an user(s) error(s), they try to link something, doesn't work, they try to link it manually, end up linking it with an extra space and making the link not work.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, this is not a bug. As mentioned and you can see, the raffle has a bad link. The raffle creator added an extra space to the end of the url. While we could feasibly try to filter out these spaces for the user, I am not a fan of such a fix as spaces could be part of a real url.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...