「Coronarena」

Get rid of bot messages

With the new steam UI, the bots keep sending snnoying message that I really don't need. I can't block the bots because then I can't trade with them, but I just don't like hearing the steam notification sound each time I do something bot related, so really I just suggest that the bot's no longer send people messages.

I see what you mean now and I somewhat agree. Little inconvenient but then again some people might need it. For instance, if you click offer trade and then you close the site or have the browser on mute only steam can notify you about your trade being available. (not sure who would do this but I guess this feature is for a reason...)

4 hours ago, DrLordRobin said:

I see what you mean now and I somewhat agree. Little inconvenient but then again some people might need it. For instance, if you click offer trade and then you close the site or have the browser on mute only steam can notify you about your trade being available. (not sure who would do this but I guess this feature is for a reason...)

You'd likely know that you've joined a queue for a trade so really idk how having your browser closed after entering the trade queue would affect the price of fish. It's not really a needed feature anymore.

What I'm sayin but then why has it not been removed? :huh: I always got the messages on my phone that I've got a trade offer even though I can hear it (thanks to the browser sound) and of course I know it since I just "requested the trade" (there is another I get "the trade was successful" although this is helpful? with steam being a d**k sometimes) but thanks to the new UI, showing up on PC can be a nuisance especially if you trade a lot. So I guess the lower part was part of my curiousness not knowing why is this still a thing.:derpmouse: Best of luck with the suggestion!

Why cant you just remove this feature or give the person the option to turn off the messages after the trade because it annoys me that steam messages make my spotify quiet and I just do not like to have a new chat open all the time

It is ultra annoying. Thanks to new Steam chat they can somehow send you messages.

Not only they open a new window, which means closing a full-screen running TF2 or anything else, they are completely useless! If I'm an average IQ human being, I know that I have ordered, let's say, a few weapons I lack and I have to:

1. Accept the trade;

2. Confirm it through my Steam app.

There is no need for them to inform that they have sent me an offer, because I expect it AND the Seam itself does it!

Besides, I'm sure just removing this feature the bots will act more quickly - not that I complain about their speed, but sometimes they seem to overheat.

Just a honest question: why this was added in the first place? What's its purpose!?

It can be annoying from time to time but in the end it can help people get to the trades easier and faster. This also existed before the new steam UI if you paid attention to mobile(you could get notifications saying the trade went through), and it's a common thing with most bots.