What are the best weapons i can buy?

The fun thing about tf2 is that there generally are no "better" weapons over all, it all depends on your playstyle and the situation.

I'd suggest you just buy a few weapons, use them and keep the ones you enjoy. You don't lose any value if you just bank unique weapons.

Weapons I personally enjoy using are the direct hit, the loch-n-load and the Flying Guillotine.

Edited by Luki
  • 1 month later...

I would say that the only "direct upgrades" are the Spycicle for Spy, the Sandvich for Heavy, and Crusader's Crossbow+Ubersaw for Medic

Generally better than stock:

Scout:

-Primary: None 

-Secondary: Winger or Flying Guillotine

-Melee: Atomizer or Boston Basher

Soldier:   for Soldier Melee

-Primary: Cow Mangler 5000, The Direct Hit

-Secondary: None. *Maybe* Buff Banners if you're consistent.

-Melee: Equalizer or Market Garden

Pyro:

-Primary: Phlogistinator (hub only, no airblast hurts in comp)

-Secondary: Scorch Shot or Flare Gun

-Melee: Back Scratcher and Pyrojack

Demoman:

-Primary: Loch-and-Load (iffy, stock is fine)

-Secondary: None

-Melee: Eyelander, Scottsman Skullcutter

Heavy:

-Primary: Natascha and Tomislav

-Secondary:  Sandvich and Second Banana (free via contract)

-Melee: Gloves of Running Urgently, Fists of Steel, Killing Gloves of Boxing

Engineer:

-Primary: Frontier Justice, Rescue Ranger

-Secondary: Wrangler

-Melee: All of his melee options are pretty good. The Gunslinger is your best bet for an "upgrade" depending on your playstyle.

Sniper:

Primary: Sydney Sleeper, The Machina, The Huntsman

Secondary: Jarate, Razorback

Melee: Bushwacka (with Jarate only), Tribalman's Shiv

Medic:

Primary: Crusader's Crossbow. Straight upgrade.

Secondary: Quick-Fix, but stock is still arguably the best.

Melee: The Ubersaw. Straight upgrade.

Spy:

Melee: Spycicle. Free escape from his worst matchup.

Secondary: Ambassador if you're good at headshots, L'etranger, Diamondback if you're good at spy stuff. Stock revolver is still great.

Watch: All 3 are good. Dead ringer is good for a change of pace.

This list isn't necessarily a "use this over stock," but more of a "these weapons will cover all playstyles." The only exceptions are Spycicle>Knife almost always, Sandvich>Shotgun because on-demand healing is way better than shotgun, Crusader's Crossbow is far more useful than syringe gun, Ubersaw's benefit far outweighs the downside.

6 hours ago, Xechwill said:

Watch: All 3 are good. Dead ringer is good for a change of pace.

As a former spy main with 390 hours of spy, I would use the stock invis with the letranger and the kunai. I would use the letranger and the cloak and dagger with the spycicle for silent attacks and make the enemy paranoid so they get distracted enough to kill spies rather than do the objective. I would use the dr if you are a type of spy that loves to be aggressive, and is good at trickstabs (I use the dr but I am a medium level trickstabber) Remember to equip the amby or the stock revolver depends on the situations, and stock knife if there are too many pyros, and kunai if the situation is calm, and if you like, use the big earner if you feel like the dr is very slowly regenerating and you need it more often.

Edited by ✿ Haku ✿
Spelling errors