HATS!

Bit of a necropost, but this'd actually be a real nice option to have. Some avatar hats overlay a fair bit more onto the actual avatar than others, and as such would fit better on the other side. While this could be fixed by the user flipping the avatar itself, this change would be more convenient on the user's side and would be far more viable to any avatars that have text in them.

17 hours ago, v1ralgam3r said:

Bit of a necropost, but this'd actually be a real nice option to have. Some avatar hats overlay a fair bit more onto the actual avatar than others, and as such would fit better on the other side. While this could be fixed by the user flipping the avatar itself, this change would be more convenient on the user's side and would be far more viable to any avatars that have text in them.

Well, thanks for bringing this back up again (as I really wanted somebody to talk about it), and it would be nice for avatars users have where the head is on the right and not the left. And with text in the picture (pun not intended) it really would help users a lot.

4 hours ago, Luki said:

mhm, it would also be nice to be able to disable them, either on the whole site or just in chat.

A whole site disable would also be nice to include, as the amount might slow some users down during the holiday seasons where so many users are wearing hats and with the site themes.

You know, I just thought of something - what about the new "misc" slot that the scarves from this event take up on the avatar? If this hat flip suggestion could be added, would there also be a toggle for the scarves, or would they auto-flip along with the hats? It'd be easier to do the latter, though I can see a few people wanting to possibly flip the scarves separately for some reason or another.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, v1ralgam3r said:

You know, I just thought of something - what about the new "misc" slot that the scarves from this event take up on the avatar? If this hat flip suggestion could be added, would there also be a toggle for the scarves, or would they auto-flip along with the hats? It'd be easier to do the latter, though I can see a few people wanting to possibly flip the scarves separately for some reason or another.

(back at it with the necros)

So what I got from the suggestions so far would be this: Rework avatar hats to include a misc slot, separating scarves from the hat selected. Also, adding an option to disable hats and miscs in general settings.