Alcoholic Wizard

Site Inventory for Public raffles

I have a feeling I may be overlooking a problem with this suggestion, but what if you could use the Site Inventory for making public raffles and/or receiving won items from raffles. When you are swapping mobile authenticators or there are other problems preventing you from trading, I think it would a great feature to continue to allow you to do raffles and receive your won items.

4 minutes ago, Alcoholic Wizard said:

I have a feeling I may be overlooking a problem with this suggestion, but what if you could use the Site Inventory for making public raffles and/or receiving won items from raffles. When you are swapping mobile authenticators or there are other problems preventing you from trading, I think it would a great feature to continue to allow you to do raffles and receive your won items.

It's been suggested and rejected multiple times before (will post them below). But Jesse said in some of them:

"Site inventory works a lot different from raffle bots. Raffle bots came first, then site inventory.

It would be easy to port raffles to use site inventory, but there are a few drawbacks:

1. Site inventory seems to be a lot less reliable than raffle bots. (I'm not the one that can fix this, Geel is)
  2. Site inventory only supports TF2 currently so raffles would follow that."