Why do people put server names in their username?

jimmychads

It'd imply that you were a part of scrap.tf's main community (the chatroom, rather than the raffles community).

And they do it because the server tells them to in order to get entries for prize draws (or other bribes), or they just like the community and want to show support.

A lot of people do it because it's a server they are a fan of, or because it's something they represent. A while ago, I joined a group, and my name became based around theirs.

The reason I'm Heal the Seal is because my friends and I formed a group called "The Seals".

As previously stated, it may have something to do with "raffles and draws", but I don't really believe that many people do that. That stuff is just cold.

Hope I was a help!

-Heal

Why?

I've seen it a lot, my brother even does it, in the format of

Favorite Server Initials | Steam Username

so, is it like a support thing? Or do servers do perks or whatnot?

What would it imply if I added ScrapTF to the beginning of /my/ username?

Hello!

Your question is a really hard one to answer, because it really depends on what the server thinks.

For example, I am pretty sure on firepowered servers you need to apply to become a member to

get access to the tag. Also, some severs like PPM are glad if you put in into your name.

Now for your last question about Scrap.tf, I am not sure about it. I think that you have to be a admin,

but I am not sure.

Anyway, I hope you found my answer helpful!

Thanks,

Tryum! 

Nope.

Anyone can use the ScrapTF | or #scrap.tf tags, it's just that it was popularised by the staff and very commonly adopted by active community members (That is, the main community. The raffles community is weird and confusing and I don't understand it.).

Also not all staff are admins ^_^