Zippo Frithiof

Cosmetic paint indicator on Scrap.tf

Hey
I've noticed recently, that on some painted cosmetics, it can be hard to notice that it's painted. This varies from paint to paint.
As you can see on my linked picture down below. It's nearly impossible to see that the Front Runner on the right is painted "After Eight".
The Front runner on the left is not painted at all. And the middle Front Runner is painted Australium Gold.

1833355696_2painted.PNG.dea7a97cd66c489657f48c6d480287f0.PNG

I would suggest putting an additional white ring around the paint indicator. To make it more noticeable for everyone, without having to hover over the cosmetic first. 

Thanks for reading ~ Mint Egg

Edited by Mint Egg 🥚

Add on to this: Also give a warning to users when they are selling a pained cosmetic to the bots. It could help new users to trading by letting them know they might get more value by either auctioning off the item or creating a backpack.tf listing.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:41 AM, Sayori said:

Add on to this: Also give a warning to users when they are selling a pained cosmetic to the bots. It could help new users to trading by letting them know they might get more value by either auctioning off the item or creating a backpack.tf listing.

I agree. I see a lot of 1.44 ref hats with paint on them drop into the bot when they are worth around 3-5ref.

If you're going for the tab idea, what about moving the white line inward to the middle? Like a ribbon with a stripe going down the center.

I've got to side with the second screenshot being better as well - shows more of the color so you can see it slightly better, and it's just neater to have it linked with the border instead of being an outlying circle(s).

On 2/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, Jesse said:

Border on the paint colors:

z36e4mvf.png

Alternate idea:

avtm6lo4.png

I like the 2nd one better, but I think the white line on them doesn't look so great.

The alt looks like the best option. I would say remove the line except for the one in between the duo colors.

36 minutes ago, Sayori said:

The alt looks like the best option. I would say remove the line except for the one in between the duo colors.

Wasn't the original issue a lack of separating line between the paint and the BG, though?

On 2/9/2019 at 10:44 AM, v1ralgam3r said:

Wasn't the original issue a lack of separating line between the paint and the BG, though?

Yes. Maybe for the darker colors (After 8, Value of Teamwork, etc.) keep the line separating the color from the background. Or for painted hats we could just use the Wiki colored versions.

2 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Yes. Maybe for the darker colors (After 8, Value of Teamwork, etc.) keep the line separating the color from the background. Or for painted hats we could just use the Wiki colored versions.

What if instead of the line being white, it is the color of the quality of the item. It just may make it seem a bit more fitting, instead of being a bit out of place.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Custard Dynamite said:

What if instead of the line being white, it is the color of the quality of the item. It just may make it seem a bit more fitting, instead of being a bit out of place.

That... actually isn't a bad idea. Some colors could counteract with the Graded hats but not bad!