Achievements

vodspod

Why do so many people use cheat codes to get achievements? What is the point of doing that? I play games for the things I am able to achieve, some people play to compete, some to have fun, and some for social reasons. 
I just don't understand why someone would waste the time to get fake achievements.
1 You cannot be proud of typing in a few cheat codes... unless you are pathetic
2 Everyone can tell that you used cheat codes if all your achievements were received at the same time.
3 All you are doing is muddying the waters to make it hard to tell how many people actually worked for their achievements.

Well, you get certain items in TF2 if you have achievements in specific games and not everyone will be willing to complete them since they don't care. Also, believe me, a lot of people don't really care about them in general or don't give a second thought to what they are actually doing when they use cheats. (I was young and I was dumb too can't really change my mistakes...)

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:38 AM, Greedski said:

Wait, Achievement Reset is a thing now? How can I do that?

Click on that tiny "achievements" tab in the lower-right of the main page. At the bottom of the popup box should be a simple "reset all achievements" tab. You can't re-obtain the Milestone weapon drops, but it's a nice feature to give you something to redo or get them legitimately.

9 hours ago, Rbn said:

I guess the option is in-game? Since I also checked on Steam and there was no such box. Although I'm confused since I recall that in-game it opens a steam webpage about your achievements so you see the same stuff. 🤔

Yes, should be on the main menu around where the Advanced Options are. Click into the achievements in-game menu and you'll see the reset button.