Scammed

INFEMUS HAKER "4CHAN"

I just got scammed by one of those multi account things with a fake mod and everything. I'm new to the trading scene, so I don't really know what I should do at this point. I already did the whole reporting part and all that, and it seems the most I can do is get them banned as a consolation prize. Any advice on what I should do? I would show some screenshots, but they kicked and blocked me as soon as the deal was done.

Sadly you can't too much beyond reporting them. Valve has this weird policy about trading, so that when you accept a trade, they always say it's your fault you got scammed. They will most likely ban the guy and move on.

You gotta be always weary of scammers. They usually give you links to their sites, ask to check if a stat of the item is "in order" or it's no duped then ask you to trade it to someone. If the price is too good to be true, always get suspicious. Real traders shark very hard and will offer you half or 3/4 of item's worth since trading bots are a thing. That's why scammers are so common, a lot of people are hungry for profit or making things even and when they see an opportunity after months of looking, they fall for it.

I'd recommed finding his profile on rep.tf or backpack.tf and give him a negative rating with a detailed description, so people will have easy access to your case when trading with him in the future.

Remember that a trader can get all the info they need on your item before they trade right on Steam or on backpack.tf, never put it anywhere for "checking" or that kind of stuff, it's always a scam.