Alcoholic Wizard

Private Puzzle Raffles

So basically, a puzzle raffle, but not open to the public like a private raffle (pretty self explanatory). Now there was the recent rule "Do not use private raffles as public puzzle raffles" which to my interpretation is that this will not allow public raffles linking to private raffles with puzzles (correct me if I'm wrong). If this was done because you could not enforce the puzzle raffle rules onto a private raffle, I believe my suggestion would help. A private raffle that has all the rules and mechanics of a puzzle raffle. Simple enough.

Why I'm requesting this is because essentially the removal of puzzles in private raffles impacts this Scrap.TF community. For one, some raffles do make these small games in public raffles, such as a chain of private raffles with puzzles in them, which many members in the community enjoyed to create and participate in. More importantly, this could affect unofficial scrap.tf events, such as the Megaman Event orgainized by Molten Cory, the Guess that PFP event by m10m10,  the Summer Spree by Ramen or maybe my own 200 tips Tunnel Raffle which included some puzzles would never have been able to be made due to this new rule. I believe that such unofficial community events impacts the community in a major way by increasing interest in the community in a whole.

So I believe that such private puzzle raffles would help the community of Scrap.TF, and increase interest in the website, and benefit organizers of these unofficial events. Thanks for reading this.

To be honest, if it's supposed to be a puzzle then it should go in the Puzzle Raffles section. This is actually how the Puzzle Raffle section came to be.

When raffles came out, people came up with the idea of a "puzzle raffle" when they put a private raffle with a password in a public raffle. This did end up becoming a trend, so it was moved into a brand new section for that purpose. And because of that, it would be ridiculous if the section were to be seen for naught once again when there is an inclusion of a private "puzzle" raffle in a public raffle.

The puzzle raffle section doesn't evoke a lot of attention, but that's where puzzle stuff belongs. I don't pay attention to these puzzle events even if they're in the public raffles section, because I don't want to solve the puzzles when I'm not looking to. All it does in the public raffles section is garner more attention than it would in the more obscure, but appropriate, puzzle raffles section.

9 hours ago, timomo3 said:

Don't private puzzle raffles already exist? There's that secret link and password option.

That's pretty much how it works, however the real controversy is their usage in public raffles since it's basically akin to using them as a "public" puzzle raffle.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:39 AM, Chemoeum said:

All it does in the public raffles section is garner more attention than it would in the more obscure, but appropriate, puzzle raffles section.

Yes and that's also why they used to have the rule of no advertising puzzle raffles in the public section. That rule has since been removed now though. We can still do all these special puzzle events but they will all be categorized into the puzzle section where they belong, as they have all been puzzles in the past.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:42 PM, timomo3 said:

Don't private puzzle raffles already exist? There's that secret link and password option.

There are no private "puzzle" raffles, just private raffles that have a password assigned to them, which are not puzzle raffles but can be treated like one.

Private raffles with the password box (secret link and password) is meant to be privately distributed (to friends, by streamers, profiles, sign ups, etc.) and linking it through the public section would make the raffle (technically) a private puzzle raffle but (before the rule) be placed in a weird limbo state of not being affected by the puzzle raffle rules. This has caused confusion in the past and I did used to see some private raffles (linked through the public section) get closed because they were thought to be impossible puzzles.

Now to turn a private raffle (secret link and password) into a private puzzle raffle, you need to link it through the public puzzle section. Your private raffle will then turn into a private "puzzle" and then it will also fall under the puzzle raffle rules. Since linking (public) puzzle raffles through the regular public section is allowed, you can still recreate some of these events but it will all of course be categorised into the puzzle section.

https://scrap.tf/raffles/QNE8AD