JM-999

profile bans should last 1 year at most

profile bans don't forbid community interaction, so they're not awarded for harassment, so, as a minor offence, I don't believe the punishment should be able to be life-long. it makes people as lepers for no purpose whatsoever, as they can still continue to interact with the site just as fully as before. the punishment is being marked as an outcast - a punitive punishment - rather than being prevented from interacting with the community - a protective punishment that keeps the community say. it is simply pointless and should ideally be replaced with warnings for full bans, however their length being shortened would be good enough.

8 hours ago, JM-999 said:

They don't really last that long though, they always expire on appeal so it just depends on the user coming back online and making an appeal.

should ideally be replaced with warnings for full bans

Would be kinda harsh as Profile Bans generally happen due to minor things.

14 hours ago, Gaia's Minion said:

They don't really last that long though, they always expire on appeal so it just depends on the user coming back online and making an appeal.

Would be kinda harsh as Profile Bans generally happen due to minor things.

"Your active restrictions

Profile-Banned - Permanent

Reason: Continued racism within the community."

Hmmm. 🤔

"Your active restrictions

Profile-Banned - Permanent

Reason: Continued racism within the community."

Hmmm. 🤔

Generally happen due to minor things.

Of course there are going to be exceptions when things get more serious like in the example you've provided.

5 minutes ago, Gaia's Minion said:

Generally happen due to minor things.

Of course there are going to be exceptions when things get more serious like in the example you've provided.

I don't think whining about immigration because you were a dumb 17 year old who was dumb is very serious. 😕

I mean, I was given a warning at first, and then I did it again. So that's what contributed to it being permanent. I just think that's too much when 1 year would be fine for things that aren't harassment.

Edited by JM-999

10 hours ago, Chemoeum said:

If you wanted your profile ban gone, then appeal it. Have you tried appealing it yet?

I did appeal it. But then I got another profile ban afterwards, and that one is permanent. 😔

13 hours ago, JM-999 said:

I did appeal it. But then I got another profile ban afterwards, and that one is permanent. 😔

Oof

You could probably appeal for the last ban you got if you haven't already, but depending on how it goes there's a chance they have a reason not to accept it.

16 hours ago, Chemoeum said:

Oof

You could probably appeal for the last ban you got if you haven't already, but depending on how it goes there's a chance they have a reason not to accept it.

"Your appeal has been locked" :C

EDIT: I've contacted staff via email. We'll see if anything happens. 😕

Edited by JM-999
I made a decision