confused on the api key thing

so i just read about this api key stuff just now after opening up scrap.tf. i am so confused about it but it seems that this is happening a week after i did some cosmetic selling on this site for keys. I know that i never encountered a problem with what was being explained in the announcement on the page. so i just need clarification if its still safe to trade here because my internal alarm sensor is going off like a 12.0 seismic  earthquake that its making me afraid to sell anything on this site anymore atm. And tbh i hate the feeling big time. Just need to know if its still safe to trade here and the bots are still the same before i make a mistake i might regret. please help

It is safe to trade here, it's just the api (how steam tracks your items) messes up, it'll eventually fix itself and also from the announcement, apperently a bunch of fake scrap.tf bots have been appearing so just check your trades to make sure they're the right ones, hope that helped

2 hours ago, Elmo with a knife said:

It is safe to trade here, it's just the api (how steam tracks your items) messes up, it'll eventually fix itself and also from the announcement, apperently a bunch of fake scrap.tf bots have been appearing so just check your trades to make sure they're the right ones, hope that helped

ok thanks for clarifying for me. and how do i make sure im getting the correct scrap.tf bot when i make a trade?

According to what nikki (a developer on scrap.tf) said "It is difficult to determine if the user you are trading with is one of our bots. Always double-check to make sure that the trade you are confirming is correct, and never visit suspicious websites!"

I think you could also check to see if the bot is friended with geel or jesse