I'm being actively ignored by my Secret Santa. Is this a common thing?

This is the 3rd year I've participated in the Secret Santa event, and it's the 3rd where my Secret Santa barely communicates with me. Previous years, they wouldn't really say anything and I always had to start talking, only for them to either ignore it or give a general answer often unrelated to the Secret Santa stuff. This year, it's been almost an entire week and my Secret Santa hasn't said a single word. Yesterday, I sent a simple "Hello". I waited a couple of days before sending it since I don't expect everyone to be on the site every day. I came back today only to realise that my message had been deleted. I noticed after that that I can delete the messages of my gift recipient as well, so I assume he deleted the message I sent him. I like sending gifts to others so I want to be as kind and as friendly to my gift recipient as possible, but having this happen 3 times in a row makes me really want to stop participating.

Is this a common thing?

It happens with some users, but from what I've heard, not too often. It might take quite a few days for people to respond as we have many participants who are not active daily.

Sorry to hear that this has happened for three years, but I'm afraid we cannot reroll the participants early.

5 hours ago, Luki | ScrapTF said:

It happens with some users, but from what I've heard, not too often. It might take quite a few days for people to respond as we have many participants who are not active daily.

Sorry to hear that this has happened for three years, but I'm afraid we cannot reroll the participants early.

I understand. Guess I just have a bit of bad luck there hahaha. It was just after seeing that he likely deleted my message, when I got pretty upset about it. I guess he's been on a couple of times but doesn't say anything in the event (Which I have no proof of of course other than my message disappearing). Oh well, thanks for the reply!