Preventive actions need to be taken to block FACEIT users.

FACEIT's ring 0 rootkit monitors everything you type, every file you download, and every website you go it, regardless of you being in a game or not. if you install there mandatory software you are letting them steal all your info and sell it.

if you install or use the service you let them hijack your computer and monitor everything you have typed and ever will along with every file on your system. there ring 0 rootkit can't be uninstalled and your whole computer is fucked.

oh and if you delete your faceit account they retain ownership of your steam account and can still steal all your game data and inventory. 

The AC EULA shows that Faceit AC really is malware:
"4.4 All data generated in the operation of FACEIT Anti Cheat shall be owned by FACEIT immediately on its creation." aka "We have full ownership rights to the data which we could steal from you."

now, you are thinking, "ok that's bad for the game and users but what does that have to do with scrap.tf"? 

by letting them sell your data you get reward points that can be used to buy tf2 hats, keys, etc.

everything for sale in the faceit store is stolen from the steam accounts that they hijack.

the stupid users will sell/trade said ill gotten items here on scrap.tf and this will cause even more problems.

screenshot-corporate.faceit.com-2021.03.16-12_04_53.png

screenshot-corporate.faceit.com-2021.03.16-07_10_01.png

Screenshot 2021-03-15 015023.png

On 3/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, Gaia's Minion said:

This falls under advertising so it's reportable. 

I'm curious however, if this is That bad, how come a lot more people aren't complaining/talking about it? After all faceit seems to host a wide range of games alongside tf2, with csgo apparently being one of the biggest there.

I'm not advertising any thing, I'm trying to warn people. 

also most people will install anything that promises rewards and security without ever checking out what is going on behind the curtain.

7 hours ago, Heavyoak said:

I'm not advertising any thing, I'm trying to warn people. 

I meant the deal of advertising face it and/or your invite links as some peopple were doing in raffles

7 hours ago, Heavyoak said:

also most people will install anything that promises rewards and security without ever checking out what is going on behind the curtain.

This doesn't really answer much, again, as example, it seems that a big portion of csgo players use and encourage using faceit, how come no one talks about what is going on behind the curtain? Specially considering csgo has way more players than tf2.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah no that's not what's happening. Sure their anti-cheat is invasive, that's kind of the point, but it isn't "stealing your steam account and inventory", it doesn't have the power to allow them to do that. When they say they still have your steam account even if you delete your account, they mean that you can't use the same email to run another steam account to prevent alts and cheating.