How should I get into trading?

There are short answers, and very VERY long answers to that question.

The short answer? Identify trends in the market. I'm buying Halloween crates now just before October in the hope they'll rise for Halloween. Can do the same for Smissmass items in December, like the B.M.O.C, the Christmas hat.

The long answer? Scrap your current bookmark bar and add a ton of links to various TF2 trading websites for convenience. Mostly, use Backpack.TF, to learn item prices, see what your own inventory items are worth and your friends, and search the classifieds. The classifieds will show you who's paying the most/selling an item for the least at that time. You could also enter the raffles here to hopefully win some stuff for free. 

The long answer is WAY longer than that, but I don't have two hours to help you unfortunately... if that answer isn't satisfactory, do let me know though!

9 hours ago, Sayaka the Student said:

There are short answers, and very VERY long answers to that question.

The short answer? Identify trends in the market. I'm buying Halloween crates now just before October in the hope they'll rise for Halloween. Can do the same for Smissmass items in December, like the B.M.O.C, the Christmas hat.

The long answer? Scrap your current bookmark bar and add a ton of links to various TF2 trading websites for convenience. Mostly, use Backpack.TF, to learn item prices, see what your own inventory items are worth and your friends, and search the classifieds. The classifieds will show you who's paying the most/selling an item for the least at that time. You could also enter the raffles here to hopefully win some stuff for free. 

The long answer is WAY longer than that, but I don't have two hours to help you unfortunately... if that answer isn't satisfactory, do let me know though!

Thanks, I appreciate it. One thing I was wondering, though, is how do you identify trends not clearly connected to something (not like a season or update)? Like how am I supposed to know when something like robot parts are going to dip, because apparently some people make a lot off of mass buying and selling said parts. And (only if you know of one off the top of your head) could you link someone's very very long explanation? Thanks again :)