2016 scrap.tf presidental debate

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, seeing as we are drifting into the topic of who leads our website how will you work to make sure any issues are cleared up such as the number of mods, making sure mods auctually look into reports instead of just banning users, and any other problems you think have occured in the upper ranks of scrap.tf?

we will be doing a new poll after the debate to get the most accurate results and so that anyone watching the thread can get to know the canidates

Slight side note: Here is a poll that includes all of the candidates for the Presidential Election. Please share this poll so that we can get the most accurate results.

http://strawpoll.me/5326260

we will be doing a new poll after the debate to get the most accurate results and so that anyone watching the thread can get to know the canidates  

what are some of your ideas that you believe would improve scrap.tf not only the website itself but also the community

I am already fairly active in raffle comments and in the chat, and intend to become more active regardless of the outcome of this election. I also work to welcome new members into the community and help them become accustomed to our wonderful site. I will work to encourage others to do the same, both to be active and friendly to all members, especially those who are new and unsure of their place in our community.

what are some of your ideas that you believe would improve scrap.tf not only the website itself but also the community

I believe I will just try to get everyone to work together more while stopping the meme spammers / troublemakers.

My reasoning for that is I made a few "Pan's Moment on" moments on sensitive topics such as sexuality, and instead of everyone freaking out there were actual discussions about it with everyone going, for the most part, "Well I might not agree with it but I wont hate for it."

Ok, seeing as we are drifting into the topic of who leads our website how will you work to make sure any issues are cleared up such as the number of mods, making sure mods auctually look into reports instead of just banning users, and any other problems you think have occured in the upper ranks of scrap.tf?

I will personally talk to those promoted to mods to help spread a desire for a fair, happy community. I will help to make sure that no one is banned without reason, and that further reason will be supplied if requested, and will happily supply that information myself if need be. I will work to infuse the upper ranks with my passion for this community, its members, and its great atmosphere.

Thank you for taking care of the poll situation, I greatly appreciate it.

My first plan is to terminate people complaining about not winning raffles.

Second is to plan more community events on the servers, etc.

And more and more big raffles MORE OF THEM.

My first plan is to terminate people complaining about not winning raffles.

Second is to plan more community events on the servers, etc.

And more and more big raffles MORE OF THEM.

How will you end the complaints about raffles without causing more frustration? Also, how will you cause these raffles to be created? Will you fund all of them yourself? If so, just how much can you afford to raffle?

I do like the idea of making the server become more popular and used, and will happily help in that effort.

Edited by D_manMT

I forgot to ask this, but what will we do with all the tryhards invading our Kazotszky Kick line in servers?

#Conga'sDed

I don't know that there is all that much that can be fairly done to stop this, but I will personally help them understand why it is considered rude, and help them to discover the joys of friendliness.

Well I will personally contact a mod and get them to look into the ban and will ask them to explain to me why someone was banned, like Cosmic :^), and communication is key to solving these problems

Well I will personally contact a mod and get them to look into the ban and will ask them to explain to me why someone was banned, like Cosmic :^), and communication is key to solving these problems

My appologies, i misread the post.

Edited by D_manMT

How will that effect the reputation of the community, if we ban people for "playing the game" as they will say? The more people we make mad by banning them, the less popular we will become, and the worse our reputation will become.

I see that you have corrected your error.

Edited by Pan For Pres 2k15!

I forgot to ask this, but what will we do with all the tryhards invading our Kazotszky Kick line in servers?

#Conga'sDed

We will proceed to kazo on and ignore the tryhards.

How will that effect the reputation of the community, if we ban people for "playing the game" as they will say? The more people we make mad by banning them, the less popular we will become, and the worse our reputation will become.

Keeping the admins to explain why they banned someone, and if it was an Unconstitutional ban then the admin/mod will be fired. :D big words are kool

It's not like we'll just let the admin keep on banning people for no reason. :rolleyes:

We will proceed to kazo on and ignore the tryhards.

Keeping the admins to explain why they banned someone, and if it was an Unconstitutional ban then the admin/mod will be fired. :D big words are kool

It's not like we'll just let the admin keep on banning people for no reason. :rolleyes:

How will ignoring the tryhards solve the problem? They will continue to kill us, and both friendlies and tryhards will become increasingly frustrated. 

I apologize, I misread your post.

How will ignoring the tryhards solve the problem? They will continue to kill us, and both friendlies and tryhards will become increasingly frustrated. 

I apologize, I misread your post.

Well like I said we remain friendly and politely ask them to not be a tryhard.

- Question -

If you were an Admin at a Public Trade Server, what would be your "Kicking/Banning Criteria" for people, Including: 

- Normal Kicks

- Temporary Bans

- Permanent Bans

Simplifying, which kind of "Law Breaker" you would put into each category and why

It would depend on the rules of that particular server. I would most likely first explain the problem to someone committing a small offense, and then kick said person if it continues. For larger offenses, a temporary ban would replace the kick, or would be put in place after repeated kicks. Multiple temp. bans or an extreme violation of the rules would result in a permanent ban.

I do prefer to be a bit more gentle at first with my punishments, and explain the error to the person rather than just punish them. However, I will not hesitate to give severe punishments for severe or repeated rule breaking.

Well like I said we remain friendly and politely ask them to not be a tryhard.

And if they refuse, what then?

I have a question I'd like all the candidates to answer. 

What skills or assets do you have that makes you the better choice if elected president?

I have a very strong passion for the site, the community, and its members. I also am an official US Soccer Referee, and thus have experience in dealing with rule breaking, both minor and severe. I enjoy making others happy, which is the reason I raffle as often as I do. As such, I very much wish to maintain the friendly, happy atmosphere of Scrap.TF. 

I have a question I'd like all the candidates to answer. 

What skills or assets do you have that makes you the better choice if elected president?

I'v been a co-owner to several raffle groups such as TF2Rm which has almost 9k members, and I used to host raffles, giveaways and chat events often and I acquired the skill set needed to punish rule breakers as need be. I also am very patient and have no clear allegiances to anyone, so during issues I wont feel the need to help one party over the other.

- Question -

If you were an Admin at a Public Trade Server, what would be your "Kicking/Banning Criteria" for people, Including: 

- Normal Kicks

- Temporary Bans

- Permanent Bans

Simplifying, which kind of "Law Breaker" you would put into each category and why

Normal Kicks

-Avoiding gag

-Excessive cussing

-Harassment of another user

-interrupting things like boxing/spycrabs

-certain donor commands

Temp Bans

-Admin Disrespect

-abuse of some donor commands (if server has donor commands)

-spawncamp 

Perma Bans

-Hacking

-Admin Abuse

-Abuse of certain donor commands

-Racism/Sexism

-running from a spy crab

-SCAMMING

This took way to long to do.

Edited by ScrapTF | Lucas