Recent Price Rises For Scrap.tf?

Is it just me, or has there been a significant bump in prices for some items on scrap.tf ?

For the items I am looking at, they are generally above backpack.tf prices, which is a change from what I usually see.  For example, an item selling for 1 key (9 ref) on backpack is priced here at 9.22, and previously it would have been sold more like 10% below.

Is there an algorithm that determines Scrap.tf prices, or is this a manual change?

Stuff happens, deal with it

I neither complained or whinged in my post.  I'm fairly new to scrap.tf, so I was hoping someone would provide feedback on why this has happened, what prompted it, if it is something that happens regularly etc.  Maybe someone else out there has some helpful/useful info? [im not expecting it to be from scrap.tf necessarily, other punters may have some knowledge to report]

Cheers

We have a Price Manager for the #Items bots. Nobody but him can answer as to why the changes are, exactly, and he doesn't use these forums.

If you believe a price to be too high or too low, simply don't buy/sell the item and wait until the Price Manager changes them, as it may change in your favour.

Regarding the #Hats section, the prices there are automatically changed based on the stock of hats or metal each specific bot has (so one may pay less or charge more than another at a specific time). It can also be changed by the owners, usually when there is a big increase in hats desired (such as when new costmetics come out, as people will buy hats to craft the new hats for profit).

I neither complained or whinged in my post.  I'm fairly new to scrap.tf, so I was hoping someone would provide feedback on why this has happened, what prompted it, if it is something that happens regularly etc.  Maybe someone else out there has some helpful/useful info? [im not expecting it to be from scrap.tf necessarily, other punters may have some knowledge to report]

Cheers

I didn't say you complained, I was just too lazy to post a funny gif.

30wphfo.jpg.gif

We have a Price Manager for the #Items bots....

...and wait until the Price Manager changes them, as it may change in your favour.

Thanks Tweet, interesting

I haven't been trading on this site very long, prob 3 months or so, so this may be the first time I have seen a serious adjustment issued by the Price Manager on the items I tend to grab.  I've seen small changes in the items I have been grabbing, but never shifts that have taken them over the "market" price (I generally refer to backpack.tf to get the current "market" price).  I am almost exclusively buying stranges from the bots.

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.

Cheers

Thanks Tweet, interesting

I haven't been trading on this site very long, prob 3 months or so, so this may be the first time I have seen a serious adjustment issued by the Price Manager on the items I tend to grab.  I've seen small changes in the items I have been grabbing, but never shifts that have taken them over the "market" price (I generally refer to backpack.tf to get the current "market" price).  I am almost exclusively buying stranges from the bots.

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.

Cheers

I'm not sure who or what comes up with the #Stranges prices, it may be the same guy that handles the #Items prices, it may be Geel, or it may be some automated program. I can't say for certain, but before it was added I recall Geel mentioning something to do with the SCM in relation to #Stranges prices, so it could be that it's calculated off that (as opposed to bible.tf, which just goes off what people want it to be), or it may be completely off the top of someone's head.