About the incinerator bot

Out of curiosity: what items do the incinerator bot keep? You know sometimes it says it has items, but when you click on him, there is nothing listed, and noone is in the queue. For example yesterday the bot always had at least 4 items left, but noone could see or take them from him. At the moment he has 14 items... So there is the question in the beginning of my paragraph: what are the (minimum value for) items that the bot will keep for profit?

There is none, to the extent of my knowledge, it's just that there (and may still be) some Reclaimed and Scrap Metals in the bot, presumably for bugtesting purposes, which was hidden, but would still show up as items. This meant that in the item count they showed up, and sometimes the bot would show as completely empty but nto show an error saying that it was empty, as it had items, they were just being hidden.

I didn't claim they were forgotten, I said that to the extent of my knowledge they are for bugtesting purposes.

The testing could involve moving around the metal, I don't know.

I doubt it is the bot filtering out pure metal, though as the amount of metal present would just be growing in that case - none of the Devs are going to be bothered about a few scrap enough to keep checking the bots and taking it all out, they would just leave it until it reached a more sizeable amount, which is not happening, and so I'm assuming that's not the case. For a concrete answer you'd have to directly ask a Dev, and even then they might not know precisely what's happening, as it's not guaranteed to be them that made the specific bot.

• 3 months later...

Yeah I know what you guys are talking about.

When I hover over the bot's inventory is says something like 'Instock: 26 items' yet when you click in the bot's backpack there is nothing present in the backpack. Yet it seems to work fine for everyone else. I know a few people are saying that this bot is just for scrap banking yet I have used this bot to get free supplies of crates for weeks now and I'm a little sad that all of a sudden the bot's backpack won't load up for me. I guess I'm worried that I have been banned for using it yet I have had no indication whatsoever and I'm pretty sure if I had been banned Scrap.tf would have given me a warning of something.

For Minz or anyone else saying it's just for scrap banking then go to this link: https://scrap.tf/incinerator

This bot it meant to be used for getting rid of unwanted crap like crates of uncraftables but all of a sudden it's not working for me.

Yeah I know what you guys are talking about.

When I hover over the bot's inventory is says something like 'Instock: 26 items' yet when you click in the bot's backpack there is nothing present in the backpack. Yet it seems to work fine for everyone else. I know a few people are saying that this bot is just for scrap banking yet I have used this bot to get free supplies of crates for weeks now and I'm a little sad that all of a sudden the bot's backpack won't load up for me. I guess I'm worried that I have been banned for using it yet I have had no indication whatsoever and I'm pretty sure if I had been banned Scrap.tf would have given me a warning of something.

For Minz or anyone else saying it's just for scrap banking then go to this link: https://scrap.tf/incinerator

This bot it meant to be used for getting rid of unwanted crap like crates of uncraftables but all of a sudden it's not working for me.

It's metal held in the bots for the staff to use to process refunds. Only staff members can access it (and are only to access it to give to someone who needs a refund), but it shows up in the item count.