The Recent Rip off

Zorb

Hello everyone!

today, when i went on scrap.tf, i wanted to buy some stranges. i hold a strange scorch shot company. i was shocked when the price has gone mad. of course it is just by a scrap, but still. i want the original price back.

Original price: 0.33

New price: 0.44

also, scrap.tf is my only strange - banking site. i still want to use it. scorch shots arent the only thing they edited, they also did the S. cleaner caribrne and the lollichop.

Original cleaner price: 0.33

new price: 0.77

original lollichop price: 0.33

new price: 1.11

I hope all of you scrap.tfians understand.

Space

Not a scrap.tf mod, but I can still help.

It appears that all those prices are and were old. Even though the price change was a long time ago on bp.tf, it appears they recently changed it. They keep it up a scrap than the bp price to earn profit, as that's usually what keeps this site afloat. (Other than donations, that is) If you want to buy at the old price, wait for the beggar type of seller and buy at that.

Yeah, when I was going to trade for an item on scrap.tf, I was going to trade the red socks (which were 1.33 on the web) for another item that was 1.33 ref. But luckily, I searched red socks on backpack.tf and it said that the red socks were 2.33-2.66 ref! Scrap.tf is my only banking website so I don't want to use another, can someone tell me why they would lie to me?

Yeah, when I was going to trade for an item on scrap.tf, I was going to trade the red socks (which were 1.33 on the web) for another item that was 1.33 ref. But luckily, I searched red socks on backpack.tf and it said that the red socks were 2.33-2.66 ref! Scrap.tf is my only banking website so I don't want to use another, can someone tell me why they would lie to me?

That's not the item's price you're being shown. It's what the bot will pay for it. It's the user's responsibility to be aware of an item's value, and to apply that awareness to decide whether the price you are given by the bots is acceptable or not.

As for the original post, only Geel can tell you why he changes the prices as he does. He also doesn't use these forums, so good luck getting him to reply here.