Halloween Servers discussion 2015

• Developer

We are running our yearly Halloween servers once again. Here we can discuss them or give me any suggestions you have.

Servers List & Info: https://halloween.scrap.tf/

SourceBans: https://bans.scrap.tf/ 

Apply for mod here: https://forum.scrap.tf/topic/5126-halloween-servers-moderator-applications/

Guide for moderators: [soon]

Edited by Jessecar | ScrapTF

Will the maps Mann Manor, Eyeaduct, and Carnival of Carnage be added soon? Mann Manor and Eyeaduct also spawn Haunted Halloween Gifts. Also, will the gifts spawn on these servers during Halloween, or only on Valve servers?

The gifts can spawn on any server that is TF2 Quickplay registered.  As long as the Scrap.tf servers are registered, which I'm assuming they will be for the event, the gifts will spawn.  I noticed it seems they're experimenting with some mods on the Scrap.tf Helltower map and I'm not sure if that will disqualify that server for remaining registered.  But the main map that drops gifts that people want to get is the Lakeside map.  I don't think many people will want the Scrap.tf servers to run Eyeaduct and Mann Manor specifically for their gift drops.  But that doesn't mean people won't want to play those maps.  Gifts can only spawn once every three hours for a person so that's plenty of time to feel free to play whatever.  I don't know if the Scrap.tf servers will run any other maps other than the Hightower and Lakeside Halloween maps.  But if they only have the two servers I kind of doubt it.

Speaking of which, didn't Scrap.tf have like 4 servers last Halloween?

I've noticed that the Helltower map is often pretty populated during certain times of the day and of course usually doesn't have anyone playing later at night.  But sometimes there's periods where there's like 4 or 5 people on and then just as one person joins another leaves and the server population just kinda flounders.  When the server gets down to just a few people on it the map can get kinda boring and people end up leaving who would otherwise stay if there were just a few more people.

So it might be worth considering adding bots to the server when player population is low.  I know of a server that does this and runs nothing but Helltower 24 hours a day every day.  I don't think I've ever seen that server with 0 human players on it.  The action never dies down no matter how few humans are on so people stick around when there's only a few humans.  And people know they can join the server at any time of day and play, so the server constantly has people on at all hours.

Technically they use an occasional vote so the players get to determine how many bots to add.  But just an automatic addition of a set number of bots is better than nothing and would be fine with me.  The server I'm talking about is run by www.saigns.de and the server's IP address is 193.111.142.36:27025

Just to clarify something. The servers are currently telling players that "Halloween gifts will spawn once 10 people are in the server". It might be an idea to remove this message, considering Halloween gifts aren't spawning this year and it's giving people a lot of false hope.

Just to clarify something. The servers are currently telling players that "Halloween gifts will spawn once 10 people are in the server". It might be an idea to remove this message, considering Halloween gifts aren't spawning this year and it's giving people a lot of false hope.

I think it's the same for gargoyles.

I think it's the same for gargoyles.

It might be.  But even if there is a 10 player requirement for Gargoyles to appear the message on the server should be changed or removed.  There's still people playing on the scrap.tf server saying they're there to get Halloween gifts because the server said there would be gifts.

I can say for sure that gargoyles do spawn with fewer than 10 people on the map. I think helltower is gliched or otherwise I cant seem to find the gargoyles consistently on the map (there are more than 2 spawn points on helltower for gargoyles) but the old requirement of 10 people is not necessary. Ive seen it spawn with just 2 people on a map.