Deep Mine Archive

A Moogle

This Topic is an Archive for the raffle series: Deep Mine.

Dear [DATA MISSING], October 15th, 2029

Hello Mr. or Ms. [DATA MISSING], you have been selected or have volunteered to join the G.M.U, the Geodinia Mining Union. You will be moved to Sector G-33 upon your arrival, where we are working on the largest iron/tin deposit on this planet. Your job will be: Security Guard. You will find an enjoyable job patrolling the lower areas of the mining facilities, deep within the planets crust. Here with G.M.U, we value our workers and our security. H-eh-he..G.M...[Transmission Corrupted. Please report to your attendant upon landing on Geodinia to finish reviewing.]

*The pilot grumbles and shuts down the recording, he then looks back to you and snickers* "Bah, welcome to Geodinia luv, nuffin' seems to work right on dis 'ere hunk o' rock..even when in orbit. I reckon we'll be touchin' down at Sector A-1 here in 'bout 5 hours...best sit tight and finish fillin' our yer forms there.."....(To be continued in the next raffle~)

Story piece Intro 1.

*The shuttle ship lands, arriving at the sector A-1 port, the very center of all business on Geodinia. The doors open and immediately an assistant rushes in, talking a hundred miles an hour and shuffling through various papers* "Oh, Ms. Katswell! Glad to have you here, so first we need to get your gun forms finished, then get you to the firing range for practi-" *Kitty rolls her eyes and hands over the forms. She knows her job. She did the same thing back on Earth..so she ignores the rambling of the assistant and walks out, breathing in the dusty air of Geodinia. It is a dark and dusty planet, nothing but gray and brown rocks and crags, filled in only with shiny sleek buildings and the occasional dead or dying oak tree.* I don't need a briefing, darling, just point me to the locker rooms so I can get geared up..*Kitty says, the assistant pointing off to a transport platform, a sort of side-ways elevator- "That way darling, armory is in building 4..but are you sure you...?" *The assistant says, only to find that Kitty has already left, riding the transport to the locker room, waving goodbye.* "Oh Katswell...you think you know how easy this job will be..you have no idea how different it is here on Geodinia.." *The attendant sighs and shakes her head, looking down at the papers again.* 

Part 2 of introduction.   

Would bloody love to, but sadly, in their own words. "Come back when you have something publishable written."..I wanted to have one of my philosophical writings in the paper, but they wouldn't put it in because it conflicted with the christian views of the town. Not even directly offeding them or anything, it just doesn't involve their god and instead replaces it with a man pulling the strings..