Undertale

43Dark_Nero

I think it says a lot that one person can create a game that generates more positive response and hype than most of the mainstream combined.

Konami, Activision, EA, take notes, fire some people if you have to, then come back with games we actually want to play.

(I'm just before the date with Papyrus, myself.)

Edited by Shiny Substitute

I really love the game and the music. I've even heard of voice acting for the comics and I've heard really well made things but...something I never liked is the angst they add in the comics, especially for Sans. They make him have like PTSD or something, in a really...out of character way or a revengeful Papyrus. I'm OK with fan stuff but...that seems just out of hand.

I personally have nothing against "what if" type speculation on the fandom's part, because there are some pretty big "what ifs" in a game like this ("What if Sans was killed before Papyrus", "What if Gaster wasn't blown across time and space", for example). It's when this stuff becomes fanon that it becomes irksome. I guess people haven't heard of the Play-Doh rule: "Fun to play with, not to eat."

Fanon is nice to an extend..but it's reposted so much I think they believe it's legit, like that it actually happends in game. Every single Sans comic about it has it, instead of the fact Sans actually doesn't know anything, hence the password with the silver key. LIke one or two comics is interesting but....50 of the same plot over and over....

And I've seen it with other stuff...shows or games that people take speculation too far and even attack others that disagree or see it 100% what really happends in game, which is silly, but..you know people. Just like...FNaF, SU, even MLP like...eugh, all that stuff becomes really poisoning.

My biggest fear in non important stuff is that the fandom might ruin Undertale with unecessary angst or so, just as how other games or shows were seen in bad eyes and infamous just due to the fandom. Some prevail in good eyes like Sonic (Well...they do say the games are terrible, the new ones but that's aside of the fandom), but not of them are lucky and just..disregarded like "No, this sucks because people make me hate it". I hope it doesn't happen, please no.

7 hours ago, Dimitri Awesometh said:

An issue I find with the fandom is the fact they spread the game like an entire tub of butter on one slice of bread, and this mostly defeats the purpose of the game.

...which is I'm very glad I managed to buy and play the game without discovering major spoilers on the internet. I do not regret a single moment.

I... had most of the game spoiled for me. The one thing that I missed was the monsters telling the story in New Home, which honestly came as a surprise for me.

Honestly, though, I don' t mind being spoiled, so...

That is true. The hype is so big and so quick people start to make jokes and comics and all about secret stuff when the gane just got released. It's not like it's at least 1 year old or filled with enigmas to crack. The plot is really straight foward and clear enough, so IMO Toby Fox did a good job on making the events clear, but so much stuff ruins it for new people. They already know it all! what's the feeling of wonder now?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...