Will you hop to the hype train ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to get on the hype train ? (Are you excited about the update?)

So the End Of The Line update is coming very soon. The new crates are released and the beta map released. So let's hop to the hype train.
If you have not seen the EOTL trailer you can check it from here

So, the basic idea of the update and SFM:

[DO NOT OPEN IF YOU HATE SPOILERS]

I will tell the story shortly: Blue team at their HQ in the mountains decide to fill up a train with bombs and send it towards the Red base. The Red team finds out about this and it is their mission to stop the train before it hits the Red base. (I told you it was going to be short)

The End Of The Line map: cp_snowplow

4LFAfxD.png

LINK FOR A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE MAP:

(random video I found, all credit to "YOGSCAST Nilesy"

I have not personally played the map yet (yes, shame on me), but there are some easter eggs. One is a grave with Engineer's toolbox next to it. So maybe something bad happends to our dear Engineer.

THE CRATE:

eotl_crate_large.2a8b5e1f03718dc7d97e74e

The crate is a train wagon, it has a lock and the normal Mann Co. key doesn't fit the lock, so we will get the key soon. The wagon has something inside, but on a fast quick looks like logs to me. It is confirmed that we will be getting new weapons and cosmetics. New weapons are always nice.

That is all I can say. Also don't worry, it is not literally The End Of The Line, Valve will keep making updates to the game.

Have a nice day and tell me if I did good for my first forum post on Scrap.TF forums !

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, it didn't derail so much as got to its destination then proceeded to be roadbloacked by an Ubered heavy, resulting in a spectacular-yet-highly-saddening explosion and the loss of all lives involved.

At least Smissmas and the update for that is around the corner, so the kittens, orphans and orphan kittens will have something to take their minds off this tragedy soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, broken gamemodes are super fun! :>

Sorry, but all you have to do to win that gamemode is play Pyro and get the vampire powerup. Literally all of Pyro's downsides are eliminated by satsifying those two factors, and you'll practically never die. Alternatively you can just mess about once you get bored of how unbalanced the gameplay is.

Yeah, broken gamemodes are super fun! :>

Sorry, but all you have to do to win that gamemode is play Pyro and get the vampire powerup. Literally all of Pyro's downsides are eliminated by satsifying those two factors, and you'll practically never die. Alternatively you can just mess about once you get bored of how unbalanced the gameplay is.

There's also Demo with Strength, Spy with Regen, Heavy with Precision, Scout with Sprecision, and Scout with Haste.

• 2 months later...

Trading has been removed from Team Fortress 2 after being considered "too confusing for new players."

Anyway, Team Fortress 2 has had so many good updates, and the fact it's a free game with new items added for free. I can't really complain that they messed up for one simple update. I do wish that they put in the map, and it was such a let down for a "Community Made Update."

Valve, Please make a second Bread Update. It's what we deserve.