I'm scared to do the secret santa

Wild

And I was scared to actually make a thread, I never know if I'm posting in the wrong section, even when it says "For everything"

Am I the only one that actually worries about having, like, minor stuff to give to someone else and getting something worse or better back?

Either way one person is going to get something they can check the price for under 10 seconds and compare it to the gift they gave away.

This makes me really nervous and I dun kno wat 2 do cos i wanna do eet.

Let's be honest, most people will give away a weapon or something just so they can enter and have a chance to get a craft hat, or maybe one of the super donors will give someone a cheap unusual. I mean, I myself will only give some metal, and that's still probably a quarter of my inventory value. 

Or, the donors will exchange unusuals and expensive hats and the normal users will get shafted, getting a weapon or something.

Edited by Spanish Inquisition
Didn't finish my message
On 11/10/2015, 3:31:32, LewandaSillyFeathers said:

I don't give a gift expecting to get anything back. I give out of the goodness of my heart. Christmas isn't about gifts, it's about the people. You don't have to partake if you do not want to.

Really, this, but if you care more about logistics and you're going to be cynical expecting some to give away something like a weapon or a scrap (which is a valuable concern) then you might as well see it more as a fun gambling activity. You give something of value (hopefully) and you either get something better or something worse.

Also, I feel like the ability to choose your receiver is a bad idea. It should be random. Everybody will choose Geel, Jesse, Top_Cat, or one of the frequent rafflers and super donors like Jim, give a weapon and tell them their name in hope of getting something back from them. They'll probably be somewhat subtle about it, saying things like "Hey, before I go, there's someone who really helped me called Spanish Inqusition, but I could only choose one person. Could you give them something and say it's from me?" or something. And then the site inventory will get bloated with 5000 uncraftable sandmans and machinas.

On 11/16/2015, 3:37:00, Spanish Inquisition said:

Also, I feel like the ability to choose your receiver is a bad idea. It should be random. Everybody will choose Geel, Jesse, Top_Cat, or one of the frequent rafflers and super donors like Jim, give a weapon and tell them their name in hope of getting something back from them. They'll probably be somewhat subtle about it, saying things like "Hey, before I go, there's someone who really helped me called Spanish Inqusition, but I could only choose one person. Could you give them something and say it's from me?" or something. And then the site inventory will get bloated with 5000 uncraftable sandmans and machinas.

I think you get it wrong. The person you're getting gift from and the person you giving gift is different, and (maybe) chosen random from the system. You can't choose your "Santa"

4 minutes ago, Reen Reen said:

I think you get it wrong. The person you're getting gift from and the person you giving gift is different, and (maybe) chosen random from the system. You can't choose your "Santa"

It says it on the page. You get to choose the person you're giving a gift to. People know who they're giving a gift to, but don't know who they're receiving from.

You can't choose the person, but you can see who it is.

"  You're able to see the profile of the person you're gifting to, but you can't see the identity of your secret santa. Ask them any questions you want, find out what they like, and get them a personalized gift!"

6 hours ago, Lukiday said:

You can't choose the person, but you can see who it is.

"  You're able to see the profile of the person you're gifting to, but you can't see the identity of your secret santa. Ask them any questions you want, find out what they like, and get them a personalized gift!"

Oh, I misread it. Nevermind then. But the "people will give a weapon" thing still applies.

3 hours ago, Spanish Inquisition said:

Oh, I misread it. Nevermind then. But the "people will give a weapon" thing still applies.

@3xlneet #ScrapTF said this in another thread: 

"I believe users will have a minimum when it comes to gifts, so people don't end getting weapons"

https://forum.scrap.tf/topic/6187-possible-to-be-ripped-off-during-secret-santa-event/#comment-22443

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Broster said:

i had the same. christmas haters those grinches

I was more upset at the fact that someone couldn't take my gift yet they entered the event.

My gift could've gone to someone that actually put in effort to make this event work.

0ab4b0e6d2.png

Edited by wildjwildj
I'm Secretly A Grammar Nazi